Livin' On A Prayer~Claia

This is for Yavanna80 one of my closest friends on wattpad. She's funny and talented and all around amazing.

"Clint... Do you have to go?"
"Fury's orders, little bird."
"Screw Fury. We're about to have a child dammit!"

Normally Laia wouldn't have been so negative about the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, but between the mix of pregnancy hormones, Clint always going away on missions, and the excitement/stress of the new baby, it was kind of hard not to have a strong dislike for the man at the moment.

"Babe, I promise, this is the last mission Fury is sending me on." Clint said, rolling up the sleeves of his flannel as he packed his bags.

"You said that last time." Laia muttered, rubbing her temples as she sat on the bed. Her feet were aching, her head hurt, and all she wanted to do was lie down and snuggle with Clint. But, she couldn't do that of course because he had to pack and leave for the mission.

"Well, this time is different." Clint said, standing in front of her and cupping her face in his hands. "I told Fury last week that this would be the last mission for me until after the baby is born."

She looked up at him with her tired eyes. "Really?" He nodded and kissed her forehead, letting his lips linger there for a moment. "I promise baby."

She looked up at him. "I love you." He gave her his signature dorky grin. "I know."

Laia chuckled and playfully smacked his arm as she got up from the bed. "You dork." Clint smiled at her. "I'm your dork though"

She smiled at that as she ruffled up his hair a bit. "True." He chuckled and smoothed back down his hair when she was done.

Laia looked at him with the same concerned eyes she had earlier this morning when he had first told her about the mission. "Stay safe, please."

Clint gave her a reassuring smile. "Baby, I'll be fine. Besides," he paused, "we've got to hold on to what we've got, 'cause it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not. We've got each other and that's a lot for love. We'll give it a shot~" he sang softly to her, holding her by the hips as he swayed with her to the music of their hearts.

Laia smiled at him. "We're half way there, livin' on a prayer.
Take my hand and we'll make it
I swear, livin' on a prayer~" she sang back to him softly.

Clint smiled at her and pecked her lips again before getting back to packing.

-------------------------------

Laia and Clint stood on the doorsteps of the farm house. "Be safe, Clint." She told him, leaning her forehead against his. He smiled at her before kissing her nose. "I will babe. I already called Nat and Jodi. They'll be over here tomorrow to help you out around the house."

Laia smiled at him, and nodded a bit as Clint bent down so he was face-to-face with her tummy.

"Now listen here, Little Apollo or Little Artemis. I need you to take good care of your momma while I'm away. Don't hurt her, because that's the most wonderful woman in the world and she'll be taking care of you for the rest of your life. So, be good to 'er. I'll be back soon." he said, planting a kiss on Laia's tummy.

Clint bent back up so he was face to face with Laia and gave her one final goodbye kiss.

He pulled away and waved to her before heading off to the truck with his luggage. Laia sadly waved to him goodbye as her other hand rubbed her baby bump. "Living on a prayer" she thought to herself and smiled a bit before heading back inside.

Sorry for any of the typos or grammer mistakes. I haven't edited this yet 😅