Home~Scodi Part Three

Scodi part three! 😊

It had been a long and exhausting battle, but finally the whole Civil War had blown over. Everyone had finally returned home. Things, of course, we're still tense but mostly everyone was happy to finally get to be home without being man-hunted down by the government.

Scott, however, was still facing his battle; trying to get Jodi to be his girlfriend.

----------------------------------

"So, are you and Scott a thing yet?" Laia asked Jodi, standing in the kitchen with her, leaning her elbows against the counter-top as they watched Scott and Clint banter over the better Disney theif; Robin Hood or Flynn Rider.

"How many times have I told you Laia, Scott and I are just friends. Nothing else." Jodi said, tucking a lock of brown hair behind her ear. Jodi would never admit it, but she had developed strong feelings for the man, but was too stubborn and afraid of rejection to say anything.

"That's the biggest lie I think you've ever told me." Laia said simply. "I can tell that Scott is utterly in love with you, and I have a sneaking suspicion you feel the same."

Right as Jodi opened her mouth to say something, Clint yelled from out of the living room, "Babe! Come tell Ant-boy here that Robin Hood is waaayyyy cooler than Flynn Rider!"

Then, Jodi and Laia heard Scott say, "No way, you birdy bastard! Flynn Rider is way cooler than a fox!"

Jodi and Laia rolled their eyes playfully and shook their heads as they listened to Clint and Scott banter from inside the kitchen.

----------------------------------

Later that day, Scott had asked Jodi to come with him to visit Cassie. Of course she had said yes.

Once they had arrived, Scott introduced her to Maggie and Paxton, who both seemed to like her. Maggie and Jodi got along right away, discussing teir favorite books and cafés. Jodi had given a friendly 'hello' to Paxton, not really getting along as much as she did with Maggie, but they were still very friendly.

After introductions were gave out, Jodi and Scott headed upstairs to Cassie's room. "Cassie? Daddy's home!" Scott called as he entered the room.

Cassie turned away from her doll house and squealed happily, running up and hugging her father tightly. "Daddy!"

Jodi smiled as she watched the two interact, leaning on the doorframe. Scott smiled back at her as he picked up Cassie and held her on his hip and walked over to Jodi.

"Cassie, this is Jodi Walters. She's my friend. She helps me at work. She's my teammate." Scott explained simply to Cassie, not going into detail about what 'work' was.

Cassie smiled at Jodi. "Hi! I'm Cassie! You're pretty! Are you my daddy's girlfriend?"

Jodi chuckled softly, smiling warmly at Cassie. "Hi, Cassie. I'm Jodi. Thank you, you're very pretty too. And no, I'm not dating your dad."

Cassie looked up at her. "Well, you should. He's amazing!" Scott blushed as he looked down at Cassie. "Okay, no more sugar for you today." he chuckled awkwardly, setting Cassie down then looking back up at Jodi. "Sorry about her, you know kids. They have no filter whatsoever."

Jodi smiled at him. "No, no, it's fine. It's cute that you have your daughter as your wing-man." she teased, winking at him, which made him chuckle and blush again.

The rest of the day was spent with Scott and Jodi playing tea party and dress up with Cassie. And whenever Scott would leave the room, even for one second, Cassie would say things like "My daddy thinks you're pretty." or "Momma thinks you and daddy would be a cute couple."

When it was finally time to go, Scott was flustered by all of his daughter's comments. They had all said their goodbye's and Scott and Jodi had gotten back in the car.

"I'm sorry about her, I didn't think she was gonna-" Scott began but Jodi cut him off. "Scott, it's fine. You're daughter is adorable, and I think she helped me realize some things."

Scott raised a brow. "Things like what?" he asked, not realizing what she meant. Jodi smiled and reached over and kissed his cheek. "That I think we deserve a better date than a tea party."

Scott blushed and grinned ear-to-ear as he looked over at her. "I think so too. I know this great new café we could go to."

Jodi smiled and nodded, and Scott drove to the café, his grin never fading. He was going to repay Cassie for being his wing-man with a new dollhouse and new dolls.

Woooh! Forgive any grammer or spelling mistakes!