Chapter 19

I was seating beside Juvia looking out towards the large lake that ran along the Forest tree's. We had returned a few days ago from the Job... though Juvia mostly wanted to talk about what happened before that. She wanted to know why that man called me his slave. I let out a sigh, letting my head fall onto my knees before turning to my face towards Juvia.

"You remember when you asked me about my hair and the whole belt?"

"Of course Juvia remembers"

"It's because of what that man had done to me as a child"

Juvia seemed confused at what I just said. I slowly let my knees fall back down, my hand moving towards my belt. I unbuckled it and let it fall behind me, pushed my jeans a bit down for her to see. Upon my skin was a mark that had been engraved into my skin, he eyes widened as she stared at it

"Oh my..." she whispered, I looked back down letting go of my jeans as they went back into place, "How could someone do this to a child?"

"Because I was a slave, Juvia. Just like he said... I was a slave. That's not the only thing he did" she titled her head confused, I pulled my hair behind my ear uncovering my right eye, "He also took my eye, this one is a fake. You can tell by the huge scar running down my face, which is why I never show it"

Juvia frowned, "But how, you were a child when you joined Phantom Lord, right Lucy? Juvia doesn't understand how that could have happened to you"

"This was before I joined Phantom Lord" I tol her, flashbacks of that horrible, terrifing past flashed in my mind, "I was... a slave working for a dangerous cult. That kidnapped children all over Fiore along with adults forcing them in hard labor. I got this for trying to help out a friend..."

I trailed off thinking how Jellal would have been blamed for my mistake. I still wonder about Simon as well, if he believed the story Jellal must have told them after leaving. 

"And my eye was taken as punishment and to prove to others that they don't mess around. Especially when trying to escape"

"That must have been terrible" Juvia said

"It was a terrible life. It's not something I would wish upon anyone... but it wasn't always that bad" I thought back to Grandpa Rob, Simon, Wally, Erza, Milliana, Sho, Erik... even Jellal before he changed

"So this is the thing that had got your panties in a bunch the past few days" a familiar voice said

Both Juvia and I turned toward it, finding Gajeel walking towards us. I thought he was on a job today

"G-Gajeel"

'How much did he hear?'

"What are you doing?"

"Was out looking for ya'" the iron dragon slayer said, a frown on his face, "I came back early and they told me you were back in town so I looked around..."

"How much did you hear?"

"Everything"

"Oh... so you know" he walked towards us taking a seat on the other side of me, so I was now in the middle

"Why didn't you ever talk about it to me?" he asked

I was surprised, I glanced at him, "You're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?" he questioned

"Because I kept it a secret from you..." I said, looking down, "You should be mad at me"

I felt a heavy yet warm hand on my head, "If you didn't want to talk about it. I'm not going to pressure you or force you into telling me. But why were you telling the gloomy woman over there?"