Chapter 28

Then a light overtook everything.

It was a blinding white, completely overtaking everything similar to the sunlight. Jose's magic dispersed and I can feel as if someone had completely overtaken my form and is protecting me. But the thing was the feeling...it reminded me of Grandpa Rob.

Groaning softly, I slowly start to get on my knees turning my attention toward Jose but his attention wasn't upon me, as his eyes were fixed upon something in front of me. I then turned my attention forward.

Erza was on the ground, a shocked look upon her features as she watched the form of the small man that was lowering himself into the room, his wizard Saint cloak dancing upon the wind. He landed upon a pile of rubbles, his face a stone set of determination and anger.

"You have shed the blood of our children," Master Makarov said, "And that is unforgivable. They have been made to suffer because of the incompetence of their parents, we are both to blame Jose. This war between us had gone on long enough."

He then raised his head, his eyes seemingly piercing the other man.

"Let's end this here and now."

Jose stepped forward, completely ignoring me as his magic seems to grow even stronger than he was before.

"You wish to cause a catastrophe Makarov?" he asked.

Suddenly Makarov power grew as one of his index finger suddenly started to glow with a small ball of gold light. He was glaring at the man in front of him.

"If it's to save my guild, I will gladly take that risk," he said.

Their power caused the ground to start to shake and I knew by just seeing this that I was in way over my head here. These guys are stronger than I am and by just being here I was going to be in their way.

I slowly stood up, still feeling pain from my form when suddenly Jose launched a large spell toward where Makarov and Erza were. Makarov retaliated by materializing a numerous number of magic circles to block the attack.

"You kids have to get out while you can," he said.

"Gramps," a male voice yelled.

I blinked toward it, noticing Gray, Elfman along with Mirajane there. I hadnt even seen them here before? They must have been knocked out by Jose before I arrived, probably. I glanced around and picked up my Darkness blade which was lying a few feet away from where I was and then...

"LUCY" I turned toward where Erza was and she was the one calling me.

"Come with us," she called.

I sheathed Darkness sword and made my way toward her thought my body was still raking with pain. I was about to reach her when my legs gave out and fell forward but Erza was there catching me before I fell forward unto my face.

"I've got you," she said.

"Erza...Isn't she with Phantom?" Gray asked, a suspicious tone in his voice.

The redhead gave him a glare "She is coming with us." She told him, leaving no room for argument.

Gray actually paled "Yes ma'am," he said with a salute.

The three of us made for the opening at the end of the room and I changed one last glance toward the Two Wizard Saints in the room that were about to clash. Then, they were gone, running through the hallway leading toward the lower side of the Guild.

"Since when did she become our ally?" Mira asked.

"Since Master Jose lied to me about why he really keep me or even allowed me into his g-guild," I answered her and then I coughed blood falling from my lips.

"Don't talk," Erza said.

We've arrived out of the walking guild along with the sea and I noticed a small boat there one which had a Fairy Tail symbol upon it. It must have been how Gray and Elfman got there then. We all climbed aboard and then Gray along with Elfman were pulling the boat back into shore when suddenly a thunderclap echoed from above drawing our attention.

"What the...is that rain?"

"No," I said softly, "Master Jose and Master Makarov are about to clash."

The water behind us started to rise high as if caught in a deadly storm and more thunder started to echo around us as the guild seems to tremble behind us. I watched the guild behind me, completely amazed at the amount of power that was being unleashed from within. I thought of myself strong but the levels of magic I was sensing right now made me feel like I was worthless...like all the work I have done in the past was for naught.

I think...I have a dream now, I thought as I watched the broken down Phantom Lord guild behind me, I am going to become one of the Ten Wizard Saints.

We reached the shore just a large sudden wave of water sprays us causing Gray to cover his eyes from the sudden bath of water and then right after that, a bright light shook the guild behind us again.

These guys...are amazing.

"C'mon Lucy," Erza said throwing my arm over her shoulder, "Let's get you checked out"

Before she could move, however, she fell down upon her knees.

"Erza," Gray said kneeling beside her, "Stop pulling yourself so hard..."

"But..."

"But nothing," Gray told her, "You've already done enough today...just rest and let us do our part."

The redhead still looks like she was about to protest.

"Listen to your friends," I told her, drawing her attention toward me, "Don't worry about me alright."

The redhead searched my eyes for something but I must have done something for her because she nodded and let Gray helped her walk. I stood up, wincing in pain from my back which was still throbbing from whatever Jose had done to me.

Then from behind us a bright golden light suddenly shone bright, drawing our attention back toward the guild. A bright golden glow had overtaken Phantom Lord as the light seems to grow even brighter, so bright that I had to shield my eyes away from it. I knew what's spell had been casted and had fully expected to feel something...but there was nothing...no pain, no effect of the magic affecting me.

"W...What is that light?"

"Fairy Law," Erza said as she stared at the light, an expression of joy lighting up her own features.

"Fairy Law?" Gray repeated, confused.

"A spell that vanquishes darkness with sacred light," Erza explained as she watched the glow in front of us, "It only affects those the caster sees as an enemy. It's one of the most legendary spells in existence, quite incredible isn't it?"

The light of the Fairy Law lingered for a few more minutes before it completely disappeared again. We made our way back toward where the Fairy Tail building was.

Or used to be.

What was left of the building as a bunch of rubbles and broken stones. But the people of Fairy Tail where hardly looking at their destroyed guild but at Master Makarov who was now standing on top of the remains of the now destroyed Phantom Lord building.

"We are victorious," he said, "But I had very little to do with it...this victory is yours my children."

The Guild war comes to an end...What will Lucy do now?