Chapter One

[A/N: I'm not sure how the like years in school work in America or any other places, so I've wrote it how it works in England- sorry if it's confusing to anyone :(]

~Y/N P.O.V~

First day at a new school. Always fun.

I've moved from W/Y/L to London because of my parents work. I don't necessarily mind moving, but I will miss the few friends I've left. Though I guess I can make new ones. Although I'm kind of an introvert and I'm extremely awkward in social situations, so it might be harder than it sounds.

"Are you excited sweetie?" my mum questions, handing me my school bag.

"Yeah, obviously mum," I grin sarcastically, lumping my bag on my shoulder. 

"Seriously love, are you ok with being here?" she asks frowning.

"I mean it's a bit late now, seen as we're already here, but yeah I'm fine I guess," I assure her, though I'm not completely convinced myself.

The streets are practically empty when I step outside. Only the occasional sight of a bin bag flying away with the wind and a couple of obnoxiously loud cars driving past, are what reminds me the place isn't isolated. Although, being an only child, I've gotten use to the quiet and usually enjoy it now. 

{Time skip to when you arrive at school}

When I look around, it's the typical set up. Everyone hanging out in specific friendship groups, before school starts. I gather I should just stand alone and probably will for a while, no one really likes the new kid at first.

As I walk further into the grounds, everyone begins walking inside. I pull my phone out my bag, realising the time is 8:30, which means form time is starting. I follow a group of people, assuming I can only go in somewhat the right direction. It's not a very big school, especially compared to my last one- which had five floors. I'm quite happy, as it won't be as much trouble remembering where to go as my last one was. Before I enter, I quickly look behind me, checking if any other students that look my age are going a different way. I notice there's three boys still standing next to the gates.

The first one I see: has brown hair and a beard, is wearing a Dr Pepper t-shirt and jeans and is the second tallest of the group; another has extremely short hair- as if it'd been shaved recently [A/N: #BALDSKI] and was just starting to grow back- is wearing a plain black jumper and jeans and is the smallest of the group (although they all look considerably tall, at least from where I'm standing); the final has blonde hair gelled into a quiff, is wearing a jumper with a logo printed on the front- however I can't read it from here- and grey track pants and is the tallest by quite an amount. They're all quite attractive actually, especially the blonde.

I think about walking over and asking for directions, but everyone else is going in the opposite direction to where they're standing. I assume they wanna be late or something, and anyway I can just ask someone inside.

"Hi," I smile at a teacher in what looks to be a receptionist area. "I'm new and I have no idea where I'm going."

"Oh, what's your name and year love?" she says softly, flicking through papers on her desk.

"Y/N Y/L/N, year twelve or sixth form," I state. "It said on an email I'm in Miss Williams form."

"Ah yes, here it is," she reminds herself, pulling out a yellow booklet from a drawer. "Yep, Miss Williams. I'll show you where it is, follow me dear."

We walk to the top floor of the building, which looks like the science section- as there's various pictures of chemicals and lab equipment. The receptionist, who's name I now know is Mrs Smith, talks about the school and tells me how 'enriching and delightful' its programme is.

"Miss Williams, it's your new student," she exclaims happily, smiling at me.

"Oh hello there-" she quickly looks at the booklet. "Y/N?"

I nod, putting a smile on my face even though I'm shitting myself [A/N: Not literally... I see you there about to comment]. I'm standing at the very front of the classroom, with everyones' eyes burning into me.

"Ok, you can take a seat where Si- or where Simon should be sitting," she exhales shaking her head as she points to a seat on the back row, gaining some sniggers from around the room. I sit down, wondering if one of the boys I saw outside was Simon.

About twenty minutes later, just before our first class starts, the same three boys who I saw earlier walk in.

"Late again boys, care to give me an excuse?" the teacher sighs.

"Well Miss, we wish we could've been here on time... Oh no wait, we don't," the blonde smirks. "You should count yourself lucky I came in at all."

"I am eternally grateful Simon," Miss Williams laughs lightly. "And to show that, I'll give you all a present. A nice, long detention, you don't have to thank me. Now put away that phone, I don't know how many times I've told you it's not aloud out of your pocket on the premises."

"Nah," the boy, Simon, dismisses walking to the chair next to me and throwing himself on it. The whole room erupts into laughter, his friends also praising him for one simple word.

"Who the hell are you?" he demands, furrowing his eyebrows in my direction.

"I-I'm Y/N. I'm new," I stutter nervously, before smiling. Now that I can see him closer up, he's even more attractive. He's really tall- as I'd thought, his eyes are a dazzling ocean blue colour and I realise it says Hollister. I'm impressed seen as Hollister is a really popular, and expensive, make.

"What are you looking at?" he grumbles.

"S-sorry," I mutter, averting my gaze forwards. Have I done something? 

I was gonna ask for help with my timetable, but I decide against it after his comments. He obviously doesn't like me for some reason, so even if he's hot, I'm doing nothing...

A/N: So, first chapter... 1075 words all together (including announcements) yay. Is that good? Leave some ways to improve in the comments, if you find any :P

Hope someone enjoyed :)

See ya xx