Chapter Thirteen

~Y/N P.O.V~ 

"Simon," I take a deep breath. "I like-"

I'm cut off by my phone ringing. I completely forgot I told Lee to call me when he gets home.

"Ugh sorry, I've gotta take this," I apologise.

"Don't worry," Simon replies, although you can see he's a bit annoyed.

"Sorry," I repeat, walking out the room.

"Hey I'm home," Lee says cheerfully.

"You may have just got me at the worst possible time ever," I laugh slightly.

"Shit, sorry. What did I interrupt?" he questions suggestively. I can just tell he's wiggling his eyebrows right now.

"Nothing like that Lee!" I answer. "I was just talking to Simon about my feelings."

"Oh my gosh, and I fucked it up. Right, end the call and go back now," he insists. "Good luck."

"Ok, thanks Lee," I reply, feeling a bit nervous. It'll be fine, right?

"No problem. Byee."

I gulp walking back to Simon.

"Hi, um as I was saying," I mumble, continuing from where I left off. "I-I like-"

I'm interrupted by Simon putting his hands on my waist and pulling me towards him. Our faces our centimetres apart, as I look into his eyes. I notice they're flicking up and down, from my eyes to my lips. He slowly leans in, guiding me to do the same, before our lips press against each others. We move in sync, as we kiss- caring, yet lustfully.

I eventually break the kiss, both of us slightly gasping for air, however I remain in his arms. The situation was nothing like you'd expect from Simon Minter, it was way too gentle, but I love it.

"So," he smirks. "Was that what you were going to say?"

"Nothing like it," I giggle, causing a bit of a regretful look from Simon. "But you phrased it so much better!" 

He exhales in relief, before I quickly peck him on the lips.

Suddenly I hear my phone go off again.

"For fucks sake," I whine.

"Answer it," he chuckles, removing his arms from around me. My body feels cold where he was holding me and I long to be in his grasp again. I sigh pulling out my phone, to see my mum's contact illuminating the screen.

"Yes mum," I answer the phone, sounding accidentally pissed off. Well I am, but I didn't mean for it to translate through the phone.

"Oh hello sweetie. I'm fine, how are you?" she replies sarcastically. "I'm at home where are you?"

"I'm next door, just talking to the new neighbours," I smile to myself. "I left you and dad some dinner in the oven."

"Oh ok, thanks love. Are you coming home in a bit?"

"Yep, see you later."

"Bye Y/N!"

"Bye mum."

As I walk back to Simon, he instantly holds my hand in his.

"Can you stay here tonight," he asks suddenly. 

"I should really go home," I sigh. "Anyway, what would both our parents think if I stayed with someone I'd only just met."

"But you haven't really only just met me," he argues. 

"I know Si, but my parents haven't met yours and they're just protective over stuff like this. I'm sorry."

"Please babe?" he begs.

"Babe?" I laugh at the name, though I like it. "Maybe another time."

"Ok," he gives in, still smirking about the nickname.

"I'm gonna get home then," I realise how late it's getting.

"Alright, can you come over tomorrow?" he suggests.

"Yeah definitely," I agree. "See you then."

I begin walking out the room, but Simon grabs my arm, pulling me back. He kisses me again, before letting me leave for my house. As I walk away, I feel almost proud of myself. I wasn't awkward... Sometimes. I was being me though, and he likes me. AND WE KISSED... THREE TIMES. Oh my god, it was like heaven and yet it was one of the most simple actions. Funny that. I skip inside my house, filled with happiness. 

"What's got you so happy?" my dad laughs, as I dance around the living room. 

"Oh nothing much," I reply, smirking in my mind. 

My dad gives me a weird look, before shaking his head- smiling- and bringing his attention back to the TV.

"I'm gonna go to my room, see you later," I tell him, twirling my way to the door.

"Oh Y/N, I forgot to say. Who's phone is this? It keeps flashing," my dad asks, pointing to the arm of the couch. 

"Fuck," I exclaim, out loud.

"Watch your language please," he scolds. "Now what's wrong?"

"Dad, will you call the police for me?"

"What?! Why?"

"That phone is my friend, Josh's. But I can't find him anywhere."

I completely forgot about Josh. With everything that was happening between me and Simon, the thought just slipped my mind. Josh has done a lot for me tonight, and I can't even give him a thought. What kind of a friend- even though he insists we're not friends- am I? As my dad makes a call for a potential missing person, I send multiple texts out.

Group Chat

Hey, do any of you guys know where Josh Bradley is right now?

Lee

HAVE YOU GOT ANY IDEA WHERE JOSH IS??! Also, I need to talk to you, tomorrow... xxx

Simon

We forgot about Josh... Should we go look for him? X

JJ

Hi, it's Y/N- from school. Do you know where Josh is? He was at mine, long story, and I can't find him anywhere.

The first person to text me back is Simon, saying- 'Fucks sake, I guess we could look tomorrow? Don't worry about it for now, make sure you get some sleep Xx.' He's so cute.

Next is JJ, who replies- 'I don't fucking know. How did you get my number anyway? Weirdo". Great friend then. 

After that, Lee texts- 'SHIT I DONT. WHAT'S HAPPENED??"

Then finally, there's a few replies from the group chat (which includes basically everyone in my class- 'What the fuck have you got to do with Josh Bradley??', 'Does anyone give a shit where he is? I certainly don't!', 'Yeah same!' and a couple of 'I don't knows'. 

So there's no luck from anyone. I text everyone back, before listening to Simon and trying to get to sleep. I need to rid my mind of bad thoughts, other wise I'll never get to sleep, they'll play on my mind all night. So I drift off, thinking of... Nothing.

A/N: FIVEEEEE!!! WOOOO!

Hope someone enjoyed :)

See ya x