Chapter Three

[A/N: Lot of dialogue in this part. Sorry if you don't like this kind of chapter... But things get pretty heated with Y/N and Lee.]

{Three months later}

~Y/N P.O.V~

 "Please don't tell me you actually like him," Lee says as we walk to lunch. I'm getting more and more nervous, with him interrogating me about Simon. It's been a few months since my detention, which Simon never showed up to. 

"Because you know Y/N, he's bad news."

"Lee I've told you, I don't like him," I lie. Of course I still like Simon, and Lily- one of my other friends, keeps telling me it looks like he likes me too. But that would never happen...

"I saw the way you were looking at him in class," Lee tells me, looking in my eyes. I know I can't lie to him anymore, it's actually becoming too hard.

"So why are you asking, if you know the answer?" I reply, pulling a five pound note out of my pocket.

"Because-" he begins, before he's cut off.

Simon grabs my money, shoving it back in my pocket and leaving his hand there.

"Simon," I gasp.

"This one's on me," he answers, eventually removing his hand and giving the dinner lady some money.

"What do you want Simon?" I huff, pulling away from him.

"We need to talk," he says, looking directly into my eyes. I melt in his gaze, his blue eyes taking my whole focus. 

"Are you coming Y/N?" Lee snaps me out of my daze.

"I'm sorry Simon but I can't do this, not now anyway," I sigh. He doesn't give a response, so I begin to walk away.

"Wait," he calls after me. I stop and look back, before he shakes his head.

"Never mind, you'll find out later," he smirks, walking off to his friends.

I furrow my eyebrows, walking over to Lee.

"What did he want?" Lee asks, glaring at Simon from across the canteen.

"I don't know, I said I can't talk," I inform Lee. "But he says I'll find out later."

"Probably some kinda sex joke or something, he's so immature," he mutters, loud enough for only me to hear.

"Yeah? Maybe," I say, not convinced.

"Well don't worry about it, yeah? Let's go and find Lily and Joe, they said to meet them by the library," he brushes the situation off. I love the way Liam can do that, but sometimes I just wanna think about things for longer.

"You go without me, I'm gonna revise. Massive Media exam next Monday and I can't be bothered revising while we're off school," I lie looking at the floor. Once today (Friday) has finished, we have a week off school- which I'm really looking forward to. 

When I glance up, I see Lee is raising his eyebrows at me. That's another thing about him, he can always tell when I'm lying and he will never tell me how he knows, so I can't stop doing whatever it is.

"Y/N you need to stop thinking about people that aren't good for you!" he yells.

"What if I don't want to anymore?" I shout back.

"If you were Simon's girlfriend, he'd get you into so much trouble and you're just not that type of person," Lee exclaims obviously frustrated. "There's other people that like you, that will actually benefit you."

I know who Lee's talking about. Joe, our friend. I don't wanna sound conceited or anything, but it's blatant he has a crush on me. He constantly flirts and pretends to have the same interests and disinterests. It's sweet, but honestly it makes me cringe when he does it. I guess he's just not Simon.

"I don't like Joe like that. He's a great friend and everything, but I can't see him in that way," I admit. 

"But you can with Simon," Lee argues.

"What does it matter to you anyway?!" We're both shouting now, gaining the attention of people around us.

"I care about you Y/N. You're my best friend, no matter how much we argue, and I don't wanna see you get inevitably hurt by him," Lee spits. I roll my eyes at his outburst. It's kinda harsh, I know, but I'm fed up of him controlling all my decisions. He's doing exactly what he's scared Simon will do, run my life. He notices and purses his lips.

"Maybe you're more like him than I thought," and with that, he walks away.

I see his hand go up to his face, as he storms off. Maybe he's crying? My heart aches to stop Lee and for everything that just happened to be fixed. But I don't. I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes, so before burst out crying, I run. Somewhere private, where I can do nothing...

A/N: I don't really have anything to add, so...

Hope someone enjoyed  :)

See ya xx