Chapter fourteen

~Y/N P.O.V~

My eyes flutter open, as I awake from the noise of my phone.

Simon:

U ok to come to mine for 12? Xx

I see he's slightly fixed his grammar. Not using '2' instead of 'to' anymore and he's even added punctuation. I'm impressed.  I quickly reply, with a yes, before getting ready.

Whilst I'm picking my clothes, thoughts of Josh are still playing on my mind. Should I suggest to look for him straight away? Though the police said they're doing everything they can to try and find him, so maybe there's no point. Although he is Simon's best friend and I care about him too. I'll see what Simon wants to do later.

I decide on wearing a black t-shirt, with a hoodie on top- in case we do look for him and it's cold outside- a pair of jeans and my brown Doc Martins. I put my hair half-up, letting some of my H/L H/C loose. [A/N: Sorry if you don't have hair long enough to do this hairstyle] I check over myself in the mirror and, in the least vain way possible, am happy with how I look. Slightly smiling, I walk next door.

"Hey," I say, when Simon opens his front door.

"Hey Y/N," he replies, pulling me in for a quick hug. "Did you get some sleep?"

"Yeah, enough," I answer, stepping inside the house. He raises his eyebrows.

"Simon, I actually did," I shake my head at his concern, though I think it's really sweet.

"Ok, ok. Do you want something to eat? Or drink?" he questions.

"Si, I'm fine," I laugh. "God only a few weeks ago you hated me and now you're worrying about me."

"I think the 'hate' was more of, 'I had a crush on you but didn't want anyone to know'," he admits.

"Aw, really?" I exclaim. He nods, blushing slightly. I kiss him on the cheek, grinning into it. Argh he's so adorable!

After a short while of hanging round and talking, Simon speaks up about the situation.

"So Y/N... Do you wanna go look for Josh?" he hesitates.

"You know him better than me, it's up to you," I state, grabbing one of his hands. "Do you have any idea where to start?"

He looks apprehensive, but eventually says, "We could try this abandoned place we'd always go to. He could be there, it's not too far away."

"Why the fuck would you hang out in an abandoned area?! Isn't it scary?" I ask in disbelief.

"I'm not a pussy Y/N," he rolls his eyes. "Unlike someone..."

"Hey, I won't be scared," I argue, although it comes off as more of a question. "I was just wondering." 

Ok, of course I'll be scared, things like that terrify me, but it's for Josh.

"Lets go!"

After about ten minutes of driving, we arrive at an ABANDONED SKATE PARK WITH SECURITY WARNINGS! [A/N: Sounds like every YouTube clickbait XD] There's also loads of messages written all over the place, saying things like: 'Get away while you still can', 'u will die', 'HELP ME' and marks that are supposed to look like bloody handprints. I know they're just things people have graffitied on, but I'm really getting the chills. We'll be pretty quick though. Hopefully.

"Why would you actually come here though?" I question, even more freaked out than before about the idea.

"I dunno," Simon shrugs his shoulders. "It's just away from everything. Everyone."

"Who do you wanna get away from?" I ask, walking up to him.

He pauses before saying anything, obvious not sure about what he's going to tell me.

"Myself," he eventually speaks. "Or my life." I bring my hand up to his cheek, knowing exactly what he means.

"The whole bully thing is an act. I don't like people seeing the real me."

"Why? Why would you do that to yourself?" I question, seeing the pain behind his sparkling eyes.

"I-I guess I wanted to," he says. I know he didn't. Doesn't. "Stop it!"

"Stop what?" I reply, a bit confused at what he's talking about.

"Looking at me like you already know all my answers. Like you can see right through me," he exclaims. I sigh. It's because I do know his answers.

"Ok," I say, positioning my head further downwards.

"No," he retaliates, placing a finger under my chin and tilting my head back up, our eyes locking again. "Don't stop looking at me. Ever."

"I won't," I utter, a smile tugging on his lips, though the intensity of the moment not breaking. 

"Y/N, I really like you-" he begins, before stopping himself. "No, you know what. Y/N, I love you." 

My eyes widen slightly as he speaks those words. 'Y/N, I love you'. They echo through my mind, planting, what seems like, an everlasting seed of happiness.

I put my hands round his neck, pulling him forwards and connecting our lips. This kiss is more meaningful than the last. It's filled with pure undivided love and passion. The feeling's almost addictive. We separate, our faces only centimetres apart.

"Simon, I love you too."

A/N: Shiiiitttt. It's been like 100000000 years since I last updated *grimace face*. SORRRRYYYYY. I LOVE YOU GUYS, I PROMISE!

Hope someone enjoyed :)

See ya x