Chapter Twenty-seven

[A/N: Shouts to @Kingminiminter who commented on, like, every chapter yesterday XDD But they were proper cracking me up!! Thank you :)]

{One week later}

"What do you want?" I say, through the gap in the door.

"I'm sorry about your friends, ok?" the boy replies, slipping his hand into the hole. [A/N: XDD] "You should have these."

I let him drop a necklace and a ring in my hand, clutching them tightly when they come into contact with my palm. I recognise them both, straight away. The necklace has a cross on- that was Josh's, which I thought was weird seen as he is far from religious. Then the ring, silver plated- that was Simon's, I think some family heirloom or tradition, I always found it cute.

"Thanks," I mumble, not really wanting to be grateful to this guy.

"I know you're not willing right now, but you can talk to me whenever you want," he tells me, half smiling. I don't even know his name and he wants to have a nice chat?! "I'm not like the others here. The name's Tobi."

Oh.

"Y/N, and thank you," I say, being genuine this time.

For some reason, he doesn't seem like the others. He's got kind eyes, and- so far- a kind personality. A chocolatey skin tone covers his body, which is a couple of inches taller than me. I find it funny that I've only seen him wear two different outfits over the entire week, though I guess he could just have multiple copies of the same clothes.

Nobody has talked to me since the first day. I basically cried myself to sleep that night, and somebody removed the bodies while I couldn't watch. I haven't even heard one police siren, or much movement to be honest. Shows how much everyone cares. But things could be worse, I suppose. A lot worse. I could be like Simon and Josh. 

Tobi nods, before walking back down the hall. I can just about see out, through the hole in my door, but I assume there's other ways around this place- as Tobi's the first person I've seen.

I trudge back to my corner, in which I folded the bloody blanket to sit and sleep on. It's grim, but it's all I've got. I close my eyes, longing to go to sleep and and wake up with my friends next to me. Like this whole thing was a dream. Longing that we're at my house. Longing that everything's ok. But again, I'm not gonna kid myself. That's never going to happen. They're dead, I'm trapped. End of story.

---

Suddenly, I hear the lock on my door slide across. My eyes shoot open and I stand, backing up against the wall. Fear has become my main emotion from being in here, it's completely drained all happiness and laughter from inside me. It's like my soul's been sucked out.

The same boy, Tobi, slowly walks in, holding his hand up to show he hasn't got a weapon. Though I can see the gun, hidden in the inside pocket of his jacket.

"Come on," he whispers. "Follow me. Quietly."

It didn't go very well the last time someone said that...

"Where?" I demand, not moving an inch.

"Away. Do you want to get out of here, or not?" his hushed talking makes me weary. Does that mean there's someone close enough to hear?

"Why should I trust you?" I question, though it's very tempting.

"I don't see anyone else around here to trust," he answers, raising his eyebrows. "Now come on, we don't have much time."

It's true. There's no one else I would remotely trust, I might as well go with Tobi. Anyway, what's the worst that can happen? I've already been abducted. I make my decision.