Chapter 21: Jess and Adam's Plan (P2)

~Adam's POV~

It sounded like loud muffling. "We should check it out." I whispered and Jess nodded in reply.

I took a step and the floor creaked. "SHH! Quiet, Adam!" Jess harshly whispered.

"Do you think I meant to do that?!' I replied.

"I don't know! It sounds like something you would do!"

"Just follow me!" I whispered back and kept walking slowly. We ended up getting halfway to the door and I realized something. "Wait, Red and (Y/n) are heavy sleepers. So, we don't have to whisper and walk slowly."

Jess face palmed. "You're an idiot." I laughed and we continued walking.

When we got there, the muffling got louder. Mostly because we got closer, duh.

"You ready?" I asked Jess in a normal tone.

"Does Natsu from FairyTail breathe fire?" She giggled.

I opened the door slowly and what I found was hilarious!

"MAX!" I laughed. He struggled in his chair as his eye widened. I would be excited too to see someone that would help.

"Oh my God! Max, what happened?" Jess asked concerned. She took the tape off his face while I took a picture then helped untie the rope.

"OW!" He yelped when she ripped the tape off his face. Max rubbed his face.

"Tell us what happened."

Max began telling us how Barney and Red basically kidnapped him so my sister could beat the shit out of Lily. He also said that Barney and Red made him answer questions with a lie detector and of he got them wrong then he would get shocked.

"I don't know what happened after Barney left. I heard sirens and more people talking so I assumed cops were here, I stayed quiet because I didn't want to get the office in trouble. I fell asleep and woke up when I heard your car pull up because you were playing All Star very loud." Max explained.

I was furious. Not only at Lily for almost sending my sister to the hospital but I'm mad at (Y/n) for starting trouble when I told her not to. I'm also mad at Red and Barney for tying Max up in the server room.

"Dammit, I can't leave you guys alone for one fucking night." I sighed.

"Does that mean our plan will have to wait?" Jess asked with a sad expression on her face.

"Yeah, I guess."

Max looked confused. "What plan?" Jess and I exchanged looks.

"Don't worry your red head about it."

(416 words)