Ch. 2: Wrestlers

Chapter Two

Colton's POV:

    We were all sitting around the living room. I'm sprawled in between idiot one and idiot two. Ever since I was 5, I've been spending every free moment I can at the Carter's house. Trevor and I have been best friends since the day we started kindergarten. I live 5 houses down but this is really like my home to me. My mom and dad are never home and I don't have any siblings, so I'm always over for dinner or after school or just to hang out.

    "I wonder how Penny's room is coming along?" Claire states, looking toward the steps like she wants to go help. From what I heard of Penny, she sounds nice. I don't know why she's here but I've come to accept it. I helped paint her new room and fix up the bathroom for her, but I'm guessing she doesn't know that.

    "Leave her be," Ben says giving her a warning look.

    Trevor says something totally idiotic like usual and we all laugh along with him. As I look up to see why everyone stopped laughing, my eyes met the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She had lighter blonde hair, pin straight complimenting a round face. She was small, no more than 5'3"-5'4". She had warm chocolate brown eyes that made me want to melt. I could look at them all day.

    Gavin stood up and introduced me, "Penny, this is Colton," he stated simply. I smiled at her making her blush.

    Sitting up, Claire said, "Alright, I'm going to go get started on dinner," and as I watched her walk toward Penny, I saw Penny frown. I looked at her and realized I never want to see her frown ever again. I want her to be the happiest girl in the world if that was possible.

    "Can I help with anything?" Penny asked as Claire walked by her. Smiling at her Claire replied, "I would love for you to help,"

    I looked at the back of Penny as she walked away. Her blonde hair swishing back and forth on her back. I let out a little sigh. Big mistake.

    "Whoah whoah whoah," Trevor said turning toward me, looking at me suspiciously.

    "What are you 'whoah whoah whoah'ing?" I asked trying to hide my smile.

    "The fact that you just sighed. I have only ever heard you sigh one time, and that sigh was when you first met Sarah, which led you to date her for two years before she broke your heart and moved to Pennsylvania," He said, giving me that knowing look.

    "Oh shut up," I said looking away, Ben just chucked.

    Trevor leaned in and said, "Just know, if you hurt my cousin, I hurt your face," and with that he tackled me to the ground. I came back at him laughing the whole time. Trevor may not be as built or tall as I am, but boy can he pack a punch.

    Gavin soon joined in when Trevor grabbed him in a headlock. All three of us were on the ground intertwined with each other, throwing fake punches and lightly pulling at each others hair, laughing the whole time.

    "How many times do I have to tell you boys! No wrestling in the house!" Claire said pulling us apart from each other. Penny following right on her heels to try to help get her cousins off of each other.

She blindly reached into the tangled mess and grabbed what she must have thought was Trevor or Gavin's arm. She pulled with all of her might, which I didn't budge. I lifted myself, helping her drag me away from the boys. Setting myself back down she let go and fell back on her butt and blew her hair out of her face.

I looked at her and smiled, to which her face got beat red. "I'm sorry, I thought you were Trevor," She said looking away. I chuckled.

"Don't be sorry, you saved my ass from those idiots," I said laughing. She soon joined in and I couldn't believe how beautiful one girl can be.

"What?" She asked looking away blushing again.

"Hmmm?" I ask looking at her confused.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said jokingly getting up. Before I knew what I was doing I bent down and scooped her up, placing her on her feet. She was so light! She looked up at me through her eyelashes with shock.

Before I went to lean down and kiss her, I turned trying to behave my thoughts. She doesn't know you, she'll be afraid of you if you try anything this early. I think to myself. I see Ben still sitting on the couch, smirking. It seems like he's the only one to notice that little moment. I make a face at him as Claire finally gets the two boys off of each other. Breathing heavily she sits down. Her face is red. I laugh, helping her stand up.

"Come on boys, dinners ready," She said out of breath leading the way to the kitchen. Everybody sits down except Penny and Claire, who both go and get utensils. I stand up and walk up to Penny, who jumps when she see's I'm behind her.

"Here let me help," I said taking all of the forks and knives she holds in both hands, in my one hand.

"Thanks," She says quietly as she turns to get the napkins. Holding the napkins, I let her go in front of me, leading me back to the table. I stare at her black shorts, and white tank top. That's one fine looking ass. Clearing his throat as we walk in, Trevor gives me a warning look and I immediately look away from Penny. This dinner is going to be difficult to get through with Trevor here.