Ch. 22: Spiked

Chapter Twenty Two

Colton’s POV:

    The girls disappeared after Clover had threatened me once again, the difference this time, she meant every word, maybe she wouldn’t push my eyes down my throat but she would have no problem punching me again. And I refuse to hit a girl, so fighting back’s not an option.

    I finally found Clover and Penny on the dancefloor dancing with Tristan. That’s weird what could he want with Penny or Clover?

He suddenly walked away and then as they walked to the side of the dancefloor he gave them two drinks. I frowned but didn’t walk over, I wanted to see what was happening. Penny had it down within five minutes.

She started to look dizzy but I couldn’t see very well with all of the people but before I could look again she was out on the dance floor, sloppily dancing. I saw Tristan smirking leaning up against a post on the edge of the dancefloor with his arms crossed.

I walked swiftly over to Penny and picked her up bridal style carrying her to our table. She looked pale and confused slightly.

I paid no attention to Clover who was walking furiously behind me yelling at me about something. I didn’t hear her, I was too worried about Penny. She didn’t have that much to drink, she couldn’t have been drunk and even if she was, it couldn’t have been this bad.

“What the hell?!” Clover said after I set Penny down on a chair and kneeled next to her feeling her forehead.

“Do you not see Penny’s obviously not okay?” I snapped looking up at her. That shut her up and she was now kneeling right next to me. I took Penny’s face in my hands making her look at me. She was cool but sweaty. She looked at me and her eyes were drooping and blood shot.

“What happened to her?” Clover asked looking more worried than I was, which was saying something.

“I think Tristan spiked her drink,” I stated and looked back to where he was so casually leaning up against the post, but was gone.

“I’m gonna beat that mother f-” Penny spoke cutting Clover off.

“Hey, I looooooove you guys,” She slurred and then giggled leaning and falling into my arms.

“We have to get her home,” I stated, I really wanted to go over there and punch Tristan in the face as much as Clover wanted to but knew Penny was my first priority.

“Where’s Ryan? I’m coming with you or driving with Ryan if he wants to bring me home,” Clover said standing and scanning the whole room. Her eyes settled on one place and she walked over to the bar to grab his arm and spoke in his ear. He nodded and she walked over here and stated that she was coming home with us.

I picked Penny up again and we walked to my car. She was still awake but I could tell she was fighting sleep. I lightly placed her in the backseat of my car. It didn’t have that much room but it would do. Clover climbed in the front and we took off to their house. The ride was silent and when we made it to the house I picked the now sleeping Penny up and brought her to her room.

I had a feeling that she might not throw up because she wasn’t drunk but I put a trashcan next to her bed anyway. Clover told me to get a change of clothes from her closet and picked out a pair of shorts and tee shirt. She told me to leave the room so she could change her. I leaned against the closed door and thought about how what I was going to do with Tristan. I’m sure Ryan would be just as pissed.

He had a horrible past, his dad would beat his mother before his mother escaped the horrid man and brought him to California before he started school. He had grown up with one parent who taught him how to respect women, which I respected.

The door opened and I quickly stood up. I tucked her into bed and kissed her forehead, “Please stay with her tonight. Make sure she’s okay,” I said to Clover who nodded, she glanced at Penny with a worried look on her face, “She’s going to be okay, she just needs to sleep it off,” I said reassuringly. I looked over at the pale Penny. God the next time I see Tristan, by the time I’m done with him you’re not going to be able to tell who it is.

I went downstairs to get her a glass of water. I returned and said I would be back in the morning. It was around 1 in the morning by the time I left. I drove home and walked straight to bed falling face first and fell asleep instantly.