Ch. 30: Roller Coaster Ride

Chapter Thirty

Penny’s POV:

I walked in after Clover said something but wasn’t worried about what it was knowing that it wouldn’t get to anyone’s head. They were already getting use to her threats.

“I wouldn’t do that,” Colton regarded. What wouldn’t he do? That made me nervous. What did she say?

“Nothing,” Everyone said at the same time making all of us laugh.

When we were all done and gasping for breath Colton led me over to the couch, took a seat and pulled me onto his lap. I leaned back into him and he wrapped his arms around me. I felt my eyes get heavy almost instantly.

“Shhhh, go to bed. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow,” Colton said while rubbing small circles on my back. I soon drifted off to sleep.

*********

I was suddenly awaken to Clover slapping my face, “Get up you buttface!” She said giving me one more slap before backing away with a satisfied smirk on her face.

I groaned, “What was that for?”

“It’s time for you to get up,” She said and walked out of the room. Then peeking her head back in she said, “Pretty boy’s down stairs waiting for you,” and with that, she was gone.

I took my time as I picked out my clothes for today. I picked out my favorite pair of faded blue jean shorts and a light blue Victoria Secret muscle shirt that said PINK across it. I slipped on my black converse and quickly brushed through my hair.

I made my down the stairs and found Colton, Clover and Ryan sitting around the kitchen table, all sipping from their coffee cups and talking. Aunt Claire and Uncle Ben at work again.

“So do I get to know what we’re doing today NOW?” I asked smiling. When Colton turned around my breath caught in my throat.

I not good enough to be with him, I thought as I took in my boyfriend. He was wearing black shorts and a light blue tee shirt, tight around his arm muscles, showing off his body. It was nothing too exotic but made his eyes pop, making him look that much more gorgeous. He smiled at me making me instantly smile back.

“I guess…” He said playfully.

    “Oh just tell her!” Clover whined playfully.

“Alright alright!” He said throwing his hands in the air showing his non-existant frustration.

“Well?” I asked when he still didn’t answer.

“I’m taking you to Universal Studios,” He rushed out and my mouth popped open.

“You’re kidding?!” I said smiling. This is awesome! I thought I would ever get to go to Universal Studios.

“Nope, but we gotta go,” He said pushing his chair out and standing up, “Before we go, Ryan I want to talk to you about something really fast,” Colton said and I frowned.

“Sure what is it?” He said lazily leaning his arm on the back of Clover’s seat.

“Remember when we left early from the wedding because Penny’s drink was spiked?” He said and my face went blank. I knew this was coming sooner or later so better get it over with. I just hope Ryan doesn’t do anything too stupid.

“Of course, we all want to strangle that little prick,” He said, “What about it?”

“Well, the only person that gave her any drink was your brother,” Colton said frowning, thinking back to that night.

“THAT LITTLE SON OF A B-” Ryan began but was cut off by Clover.

“Ryan! Calm down! He might have a good explanation-” Clover began resting her arm on his shoulder even though she looked just as mad.

“NO! He’s gonna get!” Ryan said pushing his chair out roughly.

“Clover go with him and make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid,” I said to her even though I was about to follow him out of the house and help him.

“Okay, but no promises I won’t join him in the beating,” She said and followed him out of the house.

“Now that that’s over with, let’s get a move on,” Colton said taking a deep breath.

“Alright,” I said my face burning with the anger I instantly felt towards the little brat who spiked my drink.

“Calm down. Ryan and Clover are taking care of him. We’re going to have a fun and unforgettable day,” Colton said reassuringly making me relax a little bit. Colton then walked over to me, picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I laughed and shreeked.

“What is it with you and throwing me over your shoulder Shrek?” I asked him as he carried me to his car, all worries forgotten.

“Oh no reason, my princess,” He said as he gently placed me in the passenger side.

We drove for around half an hour to an hour to the amusement park before we arrived. The first thing Colton did before we got into the park was pull out his phone and told me to strike a pose.

So I did the first thing that came to my mind. I made the goofiest face I could. Colton took the picture and burst out laughing. We asked for someone to take our picture together. We got three, a good one, a goofy one and another one of him kissing me.

After our little photo shoot, Colton dragged me the closest roller coaster at the park. I saw how tall it was and was immediately having second thoughts but Colton thought otherwise.

“It’s okay, I’ll be here for you,” he said taking my hand as the line moved up. We were almost to the front now.

“I don’t know…” I said taking a shaky breath.

“That and I’m not letting you turn around,” He said winking at me and holding me tightly to his back. I groaned as we stepped onto the little cart. I sat down in the deep seat as Colton press the bar over my chest, locking me in. I held his hand tightly as we went up and the ride started making my stomach roll and jump.

After I dizzily got off, I laughed. It was amazing! I loved it. We then went around the around the park making sure to ride every roller coaster front row, taking a picture together when we were done.

When we thought we had enough we exited the park and walked slowly hand in hand to the car.

Once we got into the car he said, “So, another surprise for you today,” He paused.

“The fun didn’t end yet?” I asked raising my eyebrow looking at him curious as to where this was going.

“Nope, you get to spend the night with mwah in a hotel,” He said smiling widely.

“No way!” I said laughing, “But I don’t have any clothes,” I realized frowning.

“Yes you do, Clover packed them this morning,” He said smirking pulling into a hampton hotel.

I smiled. He was perfect, and he hasn’t mention or I haven’t seen his crazy ex in a few days. Hopefully it’ll stay that way.