Ch. 10: Wake Up Call

Chapter Ten

Colton’s POV:

    After Trevor and I left his house we walked to my house, played xbox for a while then went to bed.

    When we woke up we went surfing, which lasted only around an hour because the waves weren’t as big as they have been recently.

    “Is Ryan coming over to your house later?” I asked Trevor who looked at me confused. If Penny was going to try to set up Clover and Ryan, I mine as help too.

    “I don’t know, I can ask him if he wants to?” Trevor said looking at me confused. We were on his way back to his house.

    “Penny thinks Ryan would be perfect for Clover, and to be honest, just hearing her talk last night, I think they would make a perfect match,” I said glancing over to him while at a stop sign.

    “You’re right,” He said, a big smile growing on his face. Ryan, being an idiot and moron at times, can be really funny. He plays a few sports, golf, lacrosse, and he surfs with us. He’s always been a player but he once he finds a girl he likes, he’ll dedicate his heart and time to her. He can also be very possessive, and I’ve seen him like that with his last girlfriend before she broke his heart.

    “I can invite all the boys over and tell them to bring Lydia and Alison,” He said, rubbing his hands together like he was coming up with an evil plan.

    “Yeah, I really want Penny to make friends with Lydia and Alison so she has more than me, you, Gavin and Clover here,” I said frowning. I realized that I kept her from making any friends. I dragged her out of the room before she could talk to Lydia or Alison.

    “Alright it’s settled maybe we can have a BBQ tonight,” He said. Trevor’s backyard was perfect for BBQ’s and cook outs. He had a beautiful perfect sized backyard that had a inground pool and hot tub with a gorgeous patio that could hold 20 people or more.

    “Tell everyone to bring their bathing suits too, we can make it a pool party!” I said.

    “Perfect idea,” He said as we pulled into his driveway.

    -Walking into the house figuring Penny was still asleep, I walked into the kitchen to find Claire and Ben making breakfast.

-"Morning," I said happily walking into the kitchen.

-"Good morning," Claire said looking at me, "Your're in a good mood," she stated.

"Well when you have the most beautiful girl in the world as your girl friend it tends to do that to do," I said cheerfully walking over to help her with breakfast.

"Speaking of Penny, you wanna go wake her up? It's almost 10 o'clock," she said handing me paper plates.

"Sure," I said happily walking up the stairs to her room. I silently opened the door and found her and Claire sleeping soundly.

I walked over and kissed her on the lips. Her eyes fluttered opened and she smiled at me. "That was a nice way to wake up," she said in a sleepy voice extending her body and stretching.

She threw her arm and smacked Clover waking her up with a grunt. "What time is it?" Clover groaned both of the girls looked over at me.

Looking down at my watch I said, "Almost 10, so get your butts up,"

"It's only 10!" Clover groaned and rolled over.

"Come on sleepy heads, get up," I said rubbing Penny's lower back.

Penny groaned, rolled over and sat up. Rubbing her eyes she stood up and walked to her bathroom and closed the door.

Clover looked over at me. “Boy you touch me and I’ll put your hand in a blender and grind your hand into little hot dog chunks,” She said pointing a finger at me. I threw my head back and laughed.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” I said looking at her. She rolled over onto the side of the bed but was still glaring at me. She must not have heard Penny come out of the bathroom because she didn’t move. Flickering my eyes to Penny who had her finger over her mouth to tell me to be quiet and that she wasn’t there.

“AH!” She took two fingers and ticked Clovers sides making her screech, burst out laughing, then fall off the bed. Before I knew it both girls were on the ground laughing their heads off.

“What was that for?” Clover moaned finally calming down.

“I don’t know. It was just too tempting,” Penny said laughing.

“Girl, I will tie you to the roof of my car and drive through the car wash four times,” Clover said to Penny.

All three of us burst out laughing again. I can tell her and Ryan will be perfect for each other. That reminded me, I needed to tell them about the BBQ tonight.

    “Oh, guys. Tonight Trevors having a BBQ here and inviting Ryan, Stiles, Lydia, Allison, Jack, and some of Gavin’s friends are coming too,” I said looking at them. They looked at each other and their faces brightened.

    “Is it a pool party?” Clover asked me.

    “Yup,” I said smirking, thinking of the idea of Penny in a bikini. Clover walked over and backhanded me right in the face, “AH! What was that for?!” I asked rubbing my now red and stinging cheek.

    “For picturing Penny in a bathing suit. Oh you didn’t know, I’m a mind reader,” She said wickedly. Thats not possible, I thought to give myself a piece of mind and from the look Penny was giving me she knew Clover was kidding too.

Clover took the collar of my shirt and dragged me a little closer until we were forehead to forehead, looking me straight in the eye. I coughed thinking we were a little close, “You think of her that way again and I’ll stick my foot so far up your ass my knee sweat will quench your thirst,”

“Clover, be nice,” Penny said smirking at me. Clover gave me a sweet innocent smile before letting my collar go. I backed up a little bit and Penny walked into my arms.

“Penny get dressed, we’re going to a store and getting new bathing suits,” Clover said walking into Penny’s closet. Penny laughed and shooed be out of the door so she could get dressed.