Ch. 29: Birthday Idea

Chapter Twenty Nine

Colton’s POV:

    I’m so excited for her. I bought the tickets last night after the last movie while she was trying to convince Ben and Claire to let us sleep over.

    I had a mental list that I wanted to complete with her within the next 12 days before the Fourth of July party. It will help us get closer and it will give her the normal experiences almost every kid gets to experience as a kid.

Go to a professional sports game

Go on a roller coaster

Stay in a hotel

Go to a movie theater to see a movie

Play mini golf

Go to a concert

Go camping

Go to a rodeo

Go roller blading/ ice skating

Watch a sunset

Swim with dolphins

    The last three Penny hasn’t mentioned that she’s done, but I figured she would enjoy them. I can’t wait to cross of every single one of these and for her to say that she has done every single thing on this list. Starting with going to a major league baseball game.

    We approached the stadium and I took out my phone and said, “Penny turn around and look at me,” I said smiling at the thought. I could make a photo album for her and give it to her at the party for her birthday. Trevor said it was right around fourth of July.

    She turned around and smiled seeing that I would be taking a picture of her. She threw her arms up in the air and smiled huge. I quickly took the picture and then asked someone if they could take a picture of the two of us.

    I walked over to Penny and put my arm around her waist as they took the picture, “Can you take one more?” I asked and when they nodded their head I bent down and kissed Penny surprising her but holding the pose until the person said they got the picture.

    “Thank you,” I said taking my phone back while holding Penny’s hand.

    “I’m so excited!” Penny exclaimed as we walked into the stadium. As we walked around the stadium I took her picture with some of the statues, in our seats and down by the field.

    “Do you wanna get something now or later?” I asked before sitting down in our seats. I picked seats in the middle section so she could see everything. The whole time we’ve been here a smile has not left her face.

    “Let’s wait until later, I’m still kinda stuffed from breakfast,” She said sitting down next to me.

    The game began and we cheered and booed and almost even caught a pop fly. The weather couldn’t have been any more perfect, it was sunny with big white puffy clouds in the sky. It was around 85 degrees but the wind cooled us off.

    The seventh inning stretch we got up and got some popcorn and soda. We sat back down in our seats and laughed and talked about some of our funny sports experiences. She told me about her being a swimmer and softball player.

    “So Trevor told me your birthday was around the 4th?” I asked, wanted to know when the photo album would have be done.

    “Yup, my birthday’s actually the Fourth,” She said shrugging. Perfect! I thought to myself.  I smiled almost picturing the reaction it would get out of her now.

    “That’s cool,” I said trying to play it down and not give away my birthday gift idea.

    “Yup,” was her response as she changed the subject, “So what is on the agenda tomorrow?” She asked.

    “That is for me to know and for you to find out,” I said not giving her any clues as I smirked. She playfully hit my arm.

    “Not fair,” She said laughing and I shrugged. I planned on taking her to Universal Studios for her to ride her first roller coaster ride and then stay the night at a hotel near there.

    The game was over fairly quickly after that, the Dodgers won and everyone got a rally towel on the way out. It was around 7 by the time we got home. Everyone was relaxing on the couch as we walked in.

    “How was the game?” Claire asked smiling as we entered.

    “Great, the Dodgers won!” Penny said and then I realized she left the towel in my car. I didn’t say anything to her, I planned on putting it in the photo album somehow. Giving her something to remember from today other than pictures and a jersey.

    “Why don’t you go upstair and change,” Claire said to Penny who shook her head and turned to the stair, Clover getting up and following her.

    “Claire do you mind if I take Penny to Universal Studios so she can ride her first roller coaster ride and then stay the night at a hotel near there?” I asked wanting her permission. She frowned at me for a second then relentlessly shook her head.

“Just know, if she comes home pregnant,  I will shove a knife so far up your ass it will tickle your eyeballs,” Clover said before Penny followed her into the room, not hearing what Clover said.

“I wouldn’t do that,” I said pulling Penny close to my side, making both Claire and Clover to raise their eyebrows.

“What wouldn’t you do?” Penny asked confused.

“Nothing,” Everyone said at the same time making all of us laugh.