Ch. 28: Cute nicknames

Chapter Twenty Eight

Penny’s POV:

I woke up with my back against Colton’s chest. His arms were wrapped around my waist and our legs were intertwined. I slowly turned in his arms, careful not wake him. He breathed in sharply and his gorgeous eyes blinked open. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

“Good morning beautiful,” he said, his voice deep from sleep. I smiled.

“Good morning,” I said closing my eyes again.

“You better not be going back to bed, my sleeping beauty. The fun starts today,” He grinned. I opened my eyes, wait did he say his sleeping beauty?

“Fine,” I said rolling my eyes, “What’s the game plan for today then?” I asked. He couldn’t possibly have anything planned for today, he had no time to plan.

“Today I am taking you to Los Angeles Dodgers game,” He said in a matter of factly tone.

“Really?” I asked getting excited. I love baseball.

“Yup but first we need to get you a jersey. We can’t have you going to the game if you aren’t properly dressed,” He said untangling himself from me and stood up.

“Oh okay,” I said frowning. I’ll have to get my jersey, I can’t let him pay for everything.

“The game starts at 4 this afternoon,” He said stretching.

“Cool, what time is it?” I asked and realized both Ryan and Clover weren’t laying down. They must have gotten up already.

Looking at his phone he answered, “It’s around 11:30 so just go get dressed, I’ll pick you up in half an hour and we’ll go get breakfast,” He said picking up the blankets and throwing them behind the couch with the others.

“Sounds like a plan,” I said, kissed his cheek and made my way up to my room. I walked in my room and walked straight to my closet. It was suppose to be hot today, so jean shorts and a tank top should work. I quickly picked my black converse and outfit knowing that I would be changing my clothes anyway.

I jumped in the shower throwing my hair in a bun making sure not to get it too wet. I quickly washed my body and got out.

After drying and dressing myself, I looked in the mirror. I didn’t want to wear too much makeup so I just applied some mascara and eyeliner. I threw my hair in a high ponytail and looked myself over before bouncing my way downstairs.

I hadn’t seen or heard anyone in the house, which confused me. The house was never this quiet. Walking over to the counter I found two notes. The first one read:

Dear Penny and Clover,

Just a reminder, it’s Monday. Me and Uncle Ben are at work and shouldn’t be home until around 6.

Kisses

Aunt Claire

    The second note read:

Dear Penny,

    I went out with Ryan for the day. I hope you have fun at the dodger’s game and I’ll see you later tonight. I want details!!

Love ya

Clover

    I smiled to myself. I’m glad we introduced her to Ryan. They seemed to be perfect for each other. I gasped as strong arms wrapped around my waist. Colton rested his chin on my shoulder and read the notes.

    “You ready angel?” He asked and when I nodded, he unwrapped his arms from me and took my hand leading me to his car. He opened the door for me then walked around to his side.