Ch. 16: I Don't Want to Talk

Chapter Sixteen

Colton’s POV:

    I was sitting down enjoying my delicious pancakes Claire made for breakfast when we heard a knock at the door. Before anyone else could oppose, Penny stood up and said, “I’ll get it,” She stood up and walked to the door. I heard muffled voices and then Penny called my name.

I got up wondering who could be at the door and why they wanted me. I turned the corner to find Sarah, my ex. Before I knew what happened, Sarah threw herself on me and kissed me. Pushing her away, Penny was gone. I could see her running to her room before I heard her door slam. I flinched at the sound.

“Sarah what are you doing here?” I asked keeping my distance away from her knowing she just caused a crap load of problems.

“I came home silly,” She said bubbly tapping my nose and walking past me to the kitchen. I stared blankly at her. I felt nothing towards her anymore. Nothing. This is going to be painful to explain to Penny, I thought to myself as I walked back into the kitchen uneasily.

When I walked in Trevor gave a questioning look as I leaned against the counter. Clover stormed into the room with a determined look on her face. Before I knew what was happening, she punched me in the face!

She was pulled away from me as she spat, “You little bitch!” I could see Ryan say something in her ear and she came back with, “Why should I, Ryan?”

“Because Colton didn’t know Sarah was coming home any time soon. In fact she had moved to Pennsylvania last year, breaking up with him over the phone. He thought she would never come back,” Ryan said looking at Clover, desperately wanting her to understand.

Sarah came over to examine my nose with a concerned look on her face. ““Well, looks like she came back,” Clover said spat again giving Sarah a dirty look this time. Thank god for Ryan holding her or I felt like she would have me or Sarah pinned on the ground knocked out.

“Wait what’s going on?” Sarah asked looking around confused.

“Wow how much of a dick are you, Colton?” Clover said.

“Don’t call Colton a dick,” Sarah said turning around. I could tell this was going nowhere good fast.

“Why not princess? What are you gonna do to me?” Clover challenged her face getting red.

“Did you just call me princess?” Sarah asked her face getting red too.

“Oh I’m sorry your highness, did I offend you?” Clover spat, getting out of Ryan’s grip and stalking over to Sarah and me.

“I think I’m Penny’s best friend and Colton’s worst nightmare,” Clover said now turning to me, “Who I warned by the way,” She said. Her face was red and I could tell she was pissed about how hurt Penny must be.

“I didn’t know-” I started trying to explain to her before she cut me off by slapping me across the face. Now not only did my nose feel like it was broken, but my cheek felt like it was just whipped.

“DO NOT TOUCH MY BOYFRIEND!” Sarah said storming over to Clover. What did she just call me! I hope Clover does something to her before I do!

“YOUR boyfriend?!” Clover screamed, turning around to face her, “Last time I check you broke up with him before you moved,” She said now dangerously close to Sarah’s face.

“Well guess what honey,” Sarah said her face getting red, “I’m back,” Who the hell did she think she was?

“And you think you can just walk right back to be welcomed with wide open arms? Because bitch, you’re in for a rude awakening,” Clover said her voice dripping with venom in every word.

Sarah pulled her arm up, about to slap Clover but Clover grabbed her wrist before she had a chance, “I came back because I couldn’t live my life without Colton in it. I missed him and from how he took the break up I thought he must be missing me too,” Sarah said looking over at me. I put no emotion in my face at her remark. She’s insane.

“Well guess who moved on,” Clover said as Sarah pulled her arm away from hers.

“I suggest that both of you get out of my house before anyone else gets hurt,” Claire said taking both my arm and Sarah’s leading us to the door. We both turned around at the doorstep.

“Wait! Claire let me talk to Penny!” I said pleading with her. I needed to talk to her, she needs to know I don’t have feelings for Sarah!

“Who the hell is Penny?” I heard Sarah say somewhere next to me.

“Colton, I think it’s best if you leave,” She said shutting the door. I closed my eyes. What the hell just happened?

“Cotlon, did you hear me? Who the hell is Penny?” She asked her face getting red again. What the hell is she getting all worked up about? She broke up with me!

“My girlfriend,” I said simply turning my back to her and started walking to my house. I wasn’t going to sit here and listen to her. Not any more. I really liked Penny and she might have just ruined it for me. What a bitch.

“Woah woah woah. Get back here, I’m not done!” She said running after me. I groaned and whipped around. Sarah was right in my face and I backed up.

“What?” I spat making it clear that I didn’t want to talk to her.

She gave me a hurt look and said, “I thought I was your girlfriend?” I laughed.

“Remember that call? Yeah the one you made on the plane before the take off of your plane? That ended you being my girlfriend,” I said turning and walking to my house again. This time she ran in front of my so I couldn’t get passed her.

“I didn’t mean it! I came back to be with you! I miss you,” She said softer this time trying puppy dog eyes on me. I scoffed.

“Well I’ve moved on to someone else and I think you should do the same,” I saiding pushing her aside and stepping into my house and closing the door on her face. Thank god that was done with, now I just have to talk to Penny.