Ch. 5: Night in the Town

Chapter Five

Penny's POV:

           Our second dinner for the night was amazing. We talked and had a really good time. I found out he was Trevor's best friend, he goes to California University, he surfs, he's Trevor's age, 21 years old, he doesn't have a girlfriend which he made very clear, and he doesn't have any siblings.

           "Thank you for the second dinner of the night," I said walking out with him. He chuckled, "So what else do you have planned?" I asked swinging my arms back and forth.

           "Well, I was thinking that I go and show you around town. I'll show you the best shops, restaurants, and beaches. By that time you're probably going to be tired, so I'll bring you home," He said shrugging.

           "Sounds good to me," I said trying my best to keep up with his longer strides, "but please, no more food! I'm stuffed!"

           Opening the car door for me, I got in as he laughed and agreed. He turned the radio down and opened the windows. I felt the warm summer air blowing on my face and closed my eyes. How can this get any more perfect?

           "Are you planning on registering to Cal U?" He asked side glancing at me.

           "I already applied and got accepted," I said beaming. I want to become a writer.

           "That's awesome!" He said genuinely happy for me.

           "Look," Colton said pointing to a beautiful view of the city.

           "Wow," Was all I could say.

           "It's almost as beautiful as you," He said looking over at me smiling. I blushed and smiled back. I rolled my eyes in a joking way as he winked at me.

           "What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked as he pulled up to the beach.

           "I have nothing planned," I said shrugging, realizing he wasn't in the car anymore. He opened my door and held his hand out for me to take. Holding his warm hand, I got out. He took off his shoes and socks and smiled.

           After I pried off my shoes, he took my hand in his again. His hand was so big compared to mine.

           He led me to the warm sand and walked me down to the water. "Do you surf like Trevor and Gavin?" I asked him looking up. The water wrapped itself around my feet before pulling away.

           "Do I surf?" He scoffed at the idea of me even asking that question, "Hell yeah I surf," He said looking out at the calm waves, pulling in and out, playing tag with the sand.

           "Do you think you could teach me?" I asked. He thumb started rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

           "I would love that, but you have to get up early. I hope that's okay," He said laughing.

           "How early are we talking about here?" I jokingly said.

           "I would come and pick you up around 6," He said.

           "Well considering that's when I had to get up for school, count me in," I said pushing him a little closer to the water. Not meaning to push him too hard, his foot caught in the sand and he fell landing in soggy sand.

           "Oh no, you did not just do that!" He growled jokingly. He got up picked me up, slung me over his shoulder and started trudging into the water.

           "What are you doing!" I screeched, laughing the whole way. It wasn't until he was waist deep, that he stopped. In one swift motion, I was off of his shoulder submerged in warm salt water.

           I came up to breath, my dress clinging even more to my skin. Laughing at my reaction, I lounged for him, sending us both into the water. I felt his big hands wrap around my waist and pull us up to the surface.

           We laughed and splashed each other for over an hour. Walking back to the car the sand sticking to the back of our legs and the bottom of our feet.

           I was holding my arms and had goose bumps. "Oh crap! I can't get your car wet!" I said stopping where I stood. I couldn't ruin an amazing car.

           "Don't worry about it, I'm a surfer. I've got towels in every car I own," He said laughing as he opened the trunk. That just made me wonder: how many cars did he own?

           Wrapping a towel tight around my shoulders, he grabbed another for himself and two more to place on the seats so they wouldn't get wet. Taking the wet towel from me he gave me a warn-out sweatshirt. I put it on and breathed in the amazing scent. It was like a dress on me coming down to my knees and the sleeves coming down far pasted my hands.

           "Come on," He said, "I better get you home before your Aunt and Uncle start to worry," He said, opening the car door for me.

           "Why what time is it?" I asked getting into the car.

           "11:30," He added smirking, "And you gotta get up early tomorrow morning,"

           The ride home was nice, it was quiet, but not awkward. He walked me up to the door and was invited in by Trevor who didn't look like he went out with his friends.

           "Penny's coming surfing with us tomorrow," He said excitedly once he got in and borrowed dry clothes from Trevor.

           "Awesome..." He said but I didn't hear the rest, I was on my way up the grand stairs to my room to change my clothes.

           I put on big sweatpants and a white tank top. Throwing my hair up in a bun, I made my way downstairs.

           "Colton left," Trevor said to me with a smirk on his face.

           "What's that look for?" I asked defensively.

           "Did he kiss you?" He answered my question with a question of his own.

           "No," I said frowning. Was he suppose to?

           "Okay," He said smirking again.

           "Okay, spill," I said folding my arms. What was up with him?

           "I'm not gonna say," He said mimicking me.

           "Tell me," I said pointing a finger at him.

           "Lets just say Colton likes you more than a friend," Not wasting a moment, he turned on his heels and walked towards the stairs. I stared at his back in astonishment. I could have guessed that. No friend would hold another friends hand or open the door.

           I walked up to my room, set my alarm, threw Colton's sweatshirt in the dryer, and climbed in bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.