Ch. 25: I've Never...

Chapter Twenty Five

Penny’s POV:

    I felt so relieved to see Colton when he woke me up. I pulled myself together enough to make our way downstairs for breakfast. I was so hungry, and could go for some pancakes. I walked downstairs with Colton right behind me and Clover right at my side.

With what happened last night, everyone was frazzled. I couldn’t remember anything and it scares me. I’m so relieved that Clover was right next to me when I woke up.

“Well good morning my sleeping beauty’s,” Aunt Claire laughed making me smile.

“Good morning,” We said at the same time making us giggle. Uncle Ben frowned.

“Why do you look like you’ve been crying all night?” Uncle Ben asked raising an eyebrow toward Colton.

“After we started dancing, some of the flowers or something got to me and my eyes swelled and started tear so Colton took me home,” I said looking down, not wanting to remember anything from last night.

“Did you take any medicine?” Aunt Claire asked turning around looking concerned.

“No I just went to bed,” I said shrugging innocently.

“Do you need any now?” She asked turning fully around now.

“Nope, I’m alright,” I said making myself smile.

“Okay,” She said turning around and going back to what she was doing. Trevor and Gavin walked in one after the other in nothing but their boxers. Both my eyes and Clover’s eyes got huge as quickly turned our backs to them.

“Boy, I suggest you put some pants on before I throw up,” Clover said and everyone giggled except the boys who ran up to their rooms probably forgetting that girls lived with them now.

“What is on the agenda today?” I asked looking around for any responses.

“Well, I was thinking we could all start planning for the Fourth of July party,” Aunt Claire said turning around with a big plate of pancakes. My stomach made a noise that sounded a lot like a dying whale and everyone laughed, “Hungry much?” Aunt Claire giggled.

“Very,” I said taking a pancake and drenching it in syrup, “So tell me about this party. I didn’t know we were having a Fourth of July party,”

“It’s more of a BBQ but we have tons of friends over and we all just talk and swim and have a lot of fun until we all drive to the beach to watch the fireworks. It’s so much fun,” Trevor said walking back in the room with pants on.

“Glad to see you put some kind of article of clothing on,” Clover said making a face as Trevor stuck his tongue out and laughed.

“Sorry about that,” He said rubbing his neck.

“The party sounds like a lot of fun,” I said smiling, “I’ve never really seen fireworks,”

“WHAT?” Trevor said astonished. I shrugged.

“My mom and dad never took me out to see them on Fourth of July, they were usually working that night anyway so I just sat home and watched tv or something,” I said shrugging.

“Well Fourth of July is in just two weeks so I want to be there when you see them,” Colton said as he held my hand.

“Deal,” I said laughing.

“What else haven’t you done?” Gavin said leaning up against the counter.

“Oh lots of things,” I said.

“Like what?” Gavin asked.

“Ummm I’ve never been on a roller coaster. I’ve never stayed in a hotel. I’ve never been to a school dance. I’ve never been to any kind of sports game other than my sports games. I’ve never been to a movie theater. I’ve never-” I said looking up and thinking before Colton cut me off.

“You’ve never been to a movie theater?” He asked. He almost looked mad. I shook my head and he said, “That’s it everything you haven’t done we are doing in the next two weeks. I’m making sure you get 18 years of fun that you missed,” He said smiling big.
    “I can’t let you do that! It’d be too expensive and I’ll eventually get to do everything at some point,” I said.

“Nope, I’m making it my personal goal to make every single one of those things you just named happen from now until Fourth of July,” He said and I smiled.

“Fine,” I said taking another bite of pancake.

“Why don’t we relax for today. The fun will start tomorrow,” He said winking and walking over to get a pancake for himself.