Snake Eyes {8}

“I’m going to have a heart attack,” I moaned.

                “You’ll be okay,” Shaw assured.

                My eyes shot to the clock and I groaned. The bell to end school would ring in two minutes, and then I was going to Maxx Falcone’s house. Maxx Falcone. The boy I had been crushing on for years.

                I should be excited but I was so nervous that I felt sick to my stomach. I didn’t even know if Maxx was gay! He was flirting with me and I didn’t even know his sexual orientation. And I felt way too awkward to ask him.

                What if Maxx was straight and he had just invited me over to make fun of me because he knew that I liked him? Oh god. I would definitely die of embarrassment if that was the case.

                Maxx didn’t seem like that mean of a guy, but you just never know. He could’ve been putting on an act the whole time so that I wouldn’t know or even suspect anything.

                What if he had gotten Chandler in on it too? What if I went there and they just made fun of me or beat me up or something?

                No, no, no. I had to stop thinking like that. He would’ve just let Joey and Glen beat me up if he were a homophobe. I would go to his house, and everything would be fine.

                Still, I couldn’t shake off my nervousness. What if I made a complete fool of myself while I was at his house? In front of him and Chandler, I would just die.

                “Mark!”

                “What?!” I cried in surprise.

                Shaw was gripping my shoulders, his face close to mine as he shook me. He released me, leaned back, and raised an eyebrow. He pointed at the clock, trying not to laugh.

                “School’s over. Time for you to go lose your virginity to Maxx Falcone,” he said with a wink.

                I blushed and stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder and leaving the classroom with Shaw. “Chandler will be there too,” I mumbled.

                “Whoa? Threesome? Mark, you get in there!” Shaw said, laughing as I blushed harder.

                “I didn’t mean it like that!” I cried miserably, punching him in the shoulder and keeping an eye out for Maxx or Chandler.

                We went to my locker and I did my combination and opened it. I exchanged my books and mentally sighed before shutting it.

                Had Maxx and Chandler forgotten about me? Half me wished they had and the other half wished that they would call out my name right now. I was just so nervous!

                Either way, I shut my locker and spun around to walk Shaw to his. We began to walk down the hall towards his locker together.

                “Mark!”

                Shaw grabbed my arm so that I wouldn’t go running away in nervous terror. We both turned to face a grinning Maxx as he walked towards us, Chandler smirking behind him.

                “Sorry Mark; I hate to go to my locker. You ready to go?” he asked when he got over to me. I nodded and Shaw released me.