Snake Eyes {26}

My heart was slamming as I slowly walked over to the small group of boys gathered. They watched me suspiciously and I felt my heart drop at the sight of them all. My ex boyfriends. The guys I had played. Pieces in my game.

                “Hi,” I greeted, my voice coming out more confident than I had expected.

                “Make this quick Maxx. I have shit to do, and I don’t have time for you,” Angelo said flatly.

                Dammit. I forgot that Angelo, the first I had dated, was a complete asshole. He had been fun while we were dating, and a close second to Mark in bed, but he was just a pain if you got on his bad side. And, oh, I was on his bad side.

                I looked at the others, trying to remember exactly who would be hard to handle in this situation. Who I was really going to have to convince.

                There was Hector, boyfriend number two. I had humiliated him after we had broken up. He was just a broken, awkward kid. I felt kind of bad for him, but not nearly as bad as I felt for Mark.

                Brayden. He was number three. He got angry really easily, but he was nothing compared to Angelo’s temper. Still, he would be a problem.

                Andy. He was number four. He was just a quiet kid. Little, vulnerable, and easily broken. Even now he was just staring at his feet, pain in his eyes.

                I stared at the four of them, hating myself for getting into this predicament. But I had called them all here, begged them to come, and now I was going to finish this so I could be with Mark. I was going to prove to Mark that I had really changed.

                “What do you want Maxx? Haven’t you done enough?” Hector asked quietly, his voice shaking a little. He bit his lip and dropped his gaze from mine.

                “Yea Maxx. And where’s boyfriend number five? The kid I saw you with at the movies?” Brayden asked. He snickered. “Did you dump him too, Maxx? Did you break his heart? You’re fucking pathetic.”

                “That’s why I asked all of you here. I want to apologize,” I said quietly, realizing I had no idea what to say to them.

                I was so stupid! Like these four were ever going to forgive me? I had torn them apart on purpose. Let them catch me fucking Chandler. Played with them. They would never forgive me. But I had to try. For Mark.

                “Apologize? Are you fucking stupid?” Angelo snapped. “After what you did to us, you’re really just going to think we’ll forgive you?” He shook his head in disgust.

                “I realize what I did was wrong. I just want to make it right,” I said desperately. My eyes found Hector and Andy. The weak links in the chain. Maybe I could get through to them, at least.

                “Heck, I’m sorry. I hurt you really bad. More than I hurt these three. I meant to do it at the time, but I feel terrible about it now,” I said, my eyes pleading with Hector.

                Heck shifted uncomfortably. “Maxx, you embarrassed me in front of everyone. My parents don’t trust me anymore because of you! You told them everything we did! You told my family and the whole damn school!” he cried, pain in his voice.

                I winced, remembering that. Well, at least I hadn’t told Mark’s parents that we had fucked. Although I had told the whole school. Wonderful.