Snake Eyes {19}

“You gave Maxx your WHAT?!”

                “Sh!” I begged desperately, slapping my hands over Shaw’s mouth and glancing at my bedroom door nervously. “I think my mom’s home!”

                “I don’t care if the freaking Queen of England is in your house. YOU HAD SEX WITH MAXX FALCONE!” he cried, pulling my hands away from his mouth.

                “You’re the one that’s always obsessed with my virginity loss!” I whined as Jude curled up next to me and hissed at Shaw.

                Shaw shook his head violently. “Mark, not to a guy we’re not sure we can even trust! What if all he wanted from you was sex?” he asked.

                “I don’t think so though, Shaw. I really don’t think that’s all he wanted. I really think he loves me.” I cracked a small smile. “And I love him too.”

                “I can tell,” Shaw grumbled sarcastically. He sighed and shot me a pleading look. “Just please be careful Mark. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

                “I won’t get hurt,” I said softly.

                “I’ll kill him, Mark. I’ll really kill him if he hurts you,” Shaw said, his voice deadly serious and his eyes flashing dangerously. “No one hurts you.”

                I gave him a weak smile and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back tightly, pulling me into his lap. He began to rock back and forth with me in his arms. I rested my head on his chest comfortably.

                We sat like that for a while until my phone buzzed. I checked it and sighed before getting up off of Shaw’s lap. “Maxx is here to pick me up. Are you okay going home? I can tell Maxx no,” I said, feeling guilty for basically kicking Shaw out of my house.

                Shaw offered me a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry about it. I told Nick I’d drop by his place anyways. Have fun with Maxx, my little sex fiend,” he said, ruffling my hair.

                I rolled my eyes but we left my house together, me calling bye to my mom as I left. Shaw waved to me as I got in Maxx’s car and he began to walk down the street in the direction of Nick’s house.

                I slid into the passenger seat of Maxx’s car. He grinned at me and leaned over, kissing my deeply. “Hey,” he whispered, stroking my face before pulling out of my driveway and starting off towards the movie theater.

                “Hi Maxx,” I said with a small smile. “What movie are we watching?”

                Maxx shrugged. “I figured we could go see whatever you wanted to, and get some food after. Just some nice time together,” he said with a smile.

                I nodded eagerly as he pulled into the parking lot. We got out of the car and went into the theater together, holding hands.

                We glanced at the movies, trying to decide what we wanted to see. I felt Maxx stiffen and shot him a curious look.

                “Maxx.”

                I turned to face the owner of a voice. A cute, blond boy was giving Maxx a hate-filled glared. His eyes dropped down to our hands.

                “Got a new boyfriend, I see,” the cute boy said flatly.

                “Yea, Brayden, I did get a new boyfriend. This is Mark,” Maxx said, a casual tone to his voice. “Now go away. I’m sick of you spreading rumors about me, you worthless piece of shit.”