Snake Eyes {30}

“YOU’RE WHAT?!”

                I winced. “I’m back together with Maxx,” I said quietly.

                Shaw groaned and face palmed himself. “Mark! You idiot! He’s going to hurt you! Why don’t you see that?” he cried desperately.

                “He won’t hurt me Shaw. I really don’t think he’ll hurt me,” I said, meeting Shaw’s concerned gaze.

                “Fine Mark. I’m trusting you on this one. But if he hurts you, I’m killing him this time,” Shaw said fiercely.

                I laughed and hugged him tightly. “I love you Shaw,” I said with a smile. Shaw hugged me back before releasing me.

                “So where is he?” Shaw asked curiously.

                I bit my lip. “Well…” I explained everything about Chandler, including my plan, to Shaw. Shaw’s mouth dropped open when I was done.

                “No,” he said flatly. “Absolutely not, Mark. They’ll literally kill you.”

                “Shaw, I have to do it,” I said, praying he would understand. 

                “Mark, if you get hurt, I’m kicking everyone’s asses. That includes yours,” he said, glaring at me. I nodded, okay with that. This plan had to work.

                “But how are you going to get Chandler into that situation?” Shaw asked.

                “Well, that’s what Maxx is doing right now,” I said and quickly explained everything. “Now come on; we have to be at the park,” I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him along with me.

                We went outside and stopped. Maxx looked over at me and came over. I released Shaw’s hand and embraced Maxx, kissing him. Shaw watched, frowning.

                “Well?” I asked anxiously.

                “14-11-27,” Maxx said, grinning. “I pretended it was my locker. But I got the note in there. Now let’s get to the park.”

                “What about Chandler? How do you plan to get him to the park?” Shaw asked.

                “I texted his phone off of my dad’s Skype account. He won’t recognize the number. I know Chandler too well; his curiosity will get the better of him. He’ll go to the park to figure out who the number belongs to,” Maxx said as we got in his car.

                He drove us to a neighborhood I walked through sometimes. He parked at one of the houses and we got out of the car.

                “This is my mom’s friend’s house. I don’t want Chandler to see my car. He would recognize it too easily,” Maxx explained as he took my hand. I nodded, realizing that that was a good idea.

                Maxx, Shaw, and I went through the path leading to the park. “There,” Maxx hissed and pointed. Chandler was standing on the playground, looking around suspiciously.

                “And here come Joey and Glen,” I said, nodding at them as they stormed over.

                Chandler glared at them and they glared right back. They stepped up to Chandler, Joey with his fists clenched. He had a gash on his head, and Glen had his nose bound. Just like Maxx had said.