Budding Flowers (from the Rhattea mini series: Smile)

So, guys! Here's an update for today! It's a little mini series about the two of my well-known characters: Mattea Li and Rhea Light. I'd like to call this mini series: Smile!

This short story will take place in an alternate universe. It'll set in various flashbacks, right until the present.

P.S. This'll be in third-person view!

Anyway! Enjoy, coolsies!
__________________________________________________________

June 29, 2024

A beautiful day it was at the fields. Birds are chirping... The sun is shining... Clouds are slowly moving and forming... Flowers...some bloom, some are just starting to bud...like the two flowers that sprouted together and started to show their petals as they continue to grow.

Flowers...like the distant giggling of a certain girl and the distant beauty of the silent one... Their friendship so strong it was starting to bud into something more...majestic.

"Come on, Rhee!" A distant shout echoed through the fields and through the hills and sky. "Run faster!"

The girl of the crimson hair ran till she reached the top of the hill, waiting for her dear friend. This girl absorbed the sweet breeze of summer, letting the wind blow her hair and flutter her pink, polka-dotted summer dress.

She spun around and let herself fall to the ground and lie down there, covering the sky with a hand to shield her pink eyes from the sun's rays. She giggled and took her pink sandals off with a swift kick in the air. She giggled once more and, once again, called upon her friend.

"Rhea! Hurry up! The grass feels nice here!"

The girl that is full of silence yet empty of emotion continued to walk towards the hill. She didn't call back nor even make a sound. She continued to walk towards her friend, admiring the beauty of the fields. It may not be present on her face, but deep down she is happy.

The wind blew her white summer dress too. So does her incredibly light blonde hair. Her orbs, the color between brown and orange, looked around in amusement. Her white sandals stepping gently on the grassy fields.

Finally, she reached her destination. She looked around once more. The day was simply majestic... It couldn't get any better, she thought. Well, until she got pulled by the hand down to the ground by her friend.

Caught by surprise, her eyes widened in shock and fear. One of the rare moments that she show emotions. She had no choice but to lie down with her friend and stare at the blue sky.

"Rhea?" The crimson girl called.

"Yes, Mattea?" Rhea simply replied.

"I have never seen you smile..." Mattea pouted, but smiled again. "I bet it would look reeeeeally beautiful!" She threw her hands in the air as she exclaimed that.

The blonde could simply blush from what she had stated. She couldn't stop the pink tint at her cheeks. She wanted them gone before Mattea could look. She never liked showing her emotions. No one knows why.

Rhea tapped her cheeks a couple of times, still trying to make the pink tint go away. She couldn't see the color, but she could definitely feel it.

Too late, it was. Mattea had already looked at her...no, stared at her face. The latter found her flushed face...wonderful. More beautiful than the sights that she had seen...

"You look cute when you blush, Rhee!" Mattea sat up and teased the blushing girl, giggling at her own mischief.

The girl couldn't help but blush more. She was really embarrassed; she had to look away. If she were to speak her thoughts, she would've let out a whimper of shyness right now.

The crimson-head pouted once again.

"Aww, you didn't even smile... I was expecting that," The girl muttered.

Rhea could only blink. She wanted to say something...she just never had the courage.

"Ah! I know!" Mattea suddenly exclaimed. She was quite excited for some reason. "I'm going to make this my mission! I will make you smile! And if I do...um...you have to marry me!"

The girl didn't know what marriage actually meant. She thought it was just something that all people do when they love each other. Well, she loved Rhea...but not in that kind of love. That was the first thing that crossed her mind.

The silent flower, however, knew what marriage was... With that, she was shocked and flustered. Truth be told, she liked the girl in that way, she was just too shy to admit it. She was happy...really happy inside. She didn't stop her friend from doing what she wants to do. As long as Mattea is happy, she is happy too.

Rhea nodded.

"You agree with it?" Mattea giggled. "Yay! I love you, my best friend!"

She sat down and gave her a hug. A warming hug...one that Rhea loved the most...not even her mother of father's hug could compare to this one. The silent flower let her face turn into a rose and closed her eyes as she let Mattea hug her.

With that, new love sprouted...a new flower started to bud...

A budding flower...that is romance.