Falling (from the Rhattea mini series: Smile)

Heya, coolsies! Welcome to part dos of the mini series Smile! I've decided to make this series a five-part story!

Sooo stay tuned for more!
__________________________________________________________

October 9, 2026

Fall. Children are buzzing around the school grounds like bees in a flower garden. Leaves sway as they fell from their mother trees and finally resting on the soft feel of the grassy lands.

Lying down beneath a shedding tree's fallen golden brown leaves was a rose; a girl of crimson hair, the color of blood. Thus, the color of the heart that pumps in sorrow and utter disorient. This flower's symbolization of love has been pummeling the poor soul's chest for quite some time now. She does know why...yet too afraid to express it to her.

"How could she have forgotten it...?" The delicate flower whispered to the afternoon breeze; voice, empty of all hope. She looked up at the falling leaves of the tree above her... There was something else...

There was something else bothering her... Something else that she was not feeling before... She couldn't understand it at all. This day of her birth has been a downright wreck...

She couldn't take it anymore... A cup of sorrow, a sprinkle of anger, and a whole bowl of confusion has been mixed together to fill this beautiful flower's mind with despair.

Now she was at her limit... Mattea let her tears escape from her eyes... She couldn't bare to imagine that...

"...Rhea...has forgotten my birthday..."

Earlier

Hard as it may be to ignore a beloved, the bright ray of light thought that she should surprise her beam of hope with a special occasion: a party.

The very first objective, and the most important of all, was to ignore the crimson-head the whole school day. Secondly, to invite every friends and classmates they knew to help arrange the occasion. Last step was to wait until the darkness swallows the bright sky.

The silent one knew that Mattea would stay and wait for her. The rose would never leave no matter what... She would wait for Rhea until they could go home together...

"I hope this doesn't go wrong," wished the flushed Rhea. The white flower was walking down the hallway of the school. She was too nervous to pay attention to where she was going that she bumped into someone.

Ah, as if being hit by Murphy's Law wasn't unlucky enough, she managed to bump into the red rose. The white flower's face turning into a rose itself as she looked up her taller figure.

"Hello there, Rhee! Good morning!" greeted the delighted red rose. She was smiling, one that sparkled a lot more and felt...happier. It was obvious that she was waiting for her friend to greet her a happy birthday...

Rhea quickly got out of the way and ran out of the school as fast as she could. She did not want to regret her decision of ignoring her right now, especially not right now.

The sudden fleeing must have looked like the ray of light was mad at Mattea... The rose chased the light and saw her outside the school...sitting on the grassy field...head resting between her knees as she formed herself into a ball...