Chapter 39

I hate this.

Grief. Cancer.

Cancer.

Cancer can go to hell.

My talk with Aunt Cassie was... Nice I guess. I'm glad she's keeping the baby. What scares me is thinking about how her husband might react when she tells him.

As I walk down the stairs, for no other reason then I don't know what to do with myself, I hear sad, hushed whispers and Lacy's name stated several times.

I steal a glance to see Ben and his fiance talking.

Feeling my eyes begin to well up again, I whirl back around and run upstairs.

But upstairs is no better. I hear Liam's tiny, high pitched cries as the reality that no one his age should no sets in. A sob catches in my throat. Cancer should go die... but instesd it's his sister that's... De-

I have to get out of here.

That's all I know. I don't know what to do... It hurts too much, the pain is radiated everywhere in this house. Even my dad is affected deeply, those around him reminding him what it's like to suffer loss.

So, once again, blinded by the mist of my tears, I stalk out of the house, despertaely looking for that sliver lining I'm so famous for coming up with.

But I can find none. Not even the thought of Heaven is helping me out very much right now... And that... That is scary...

Heaven... It feels so far away... I want Lacy in my arms right now...

I drop to the sidewalk, not even out of my neighborhood yet. Tears slowly drop out of my eyes and onto the ground as I desperately try to get control of my breathing.

Then, an idea hits me.

I'll find the kids that Lacy saved. Maybe that'll show me a little bit of Heaven on earth. Maybe I'll be able to feel the joy that somehow came out of this tragedy. Maybe it will help me heal.

Maybe... Maybe.

Tingling with the reality of the many different ways this could effect me, I stand up on my shaky legs and make my way to the hospital. They will probably have the addresses of all the kids.

I feel as if I'm in a dream as I march down the street with a renewed sense of purpose-or perhaps just desperation.

Thoughts race in and out of my head faster than I can even begin to comprehend them. The noise of... whatever street I'm on right now seems as if it's not really there.

And... Well...

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to tell what happened next with complete accuracy.

All I know is that I am standing at a crosswalk when a golden lab runs out into the middle of the street, its owner screaming after it. The driver panics and swerves hard to avoid it.

I feel something like a scream escape my throat before electrifying pain shoots throughout my body. It feels as though I am flying for a moment before I slam to the ground. The distant sound of chaos contradicts with the numbness that slowly overtakes my body until the world is completely.... dark.

***************

Lacy?

"Oh Gennie! Hey, don't feel bad about my earth body ok? I don't need it anymore anyway and this way I can give an ultimate thank you."

"What? Lace, hon, what are you talking about?"

"Jesus said that the way I loved will live on in all of your hearts, so that is all that matters. I will live on in you Gennie! Don't worry about my earthly body."

"Lacy, I don't understa-"

"You're gonma change the world! I love you! Tell all your kids and grandkids about me please!"

So, I'm really sorry this was short after that wait... But there's a LOT thst just went down there! I know ya'll might hate me a.... Lot...😂So I'll try to update sooner so I can try to reedeem myself😉Love you all! Thanks for your continued support!

Where She's Beenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें