#YU20

•RICHARD•

After two weeks of intense everyday training, the division meet has already started. Nagkaroon muna ng program dito sa school since we are the host for the event, at pagkatapos non, first game na ng basketball.

We are against the city's Science High School agad kaya naman siniguro ni Coach Ayo na handa kaming lahat for the game. Magagaling din kasi sa basketball yung Science High School team kaya hindi kami pwedeng magpetiks lang.

We were inside the dugout, changing into our jersey uniforms when Coach Ayo entered. Nagulat pa ko kasi nasa likod niya si Maine, in her complete cheerleading uniform.

"RJ!" she called and ran towards me.

"Kanina ka pa hinahanap niyan, Poks," Coach Ayo told us before turning his attention to everyone. "Guys, this is our first game for this year's division meet and I expect you to focus, play hard and do your best. Focus on your defense since magaling sa offense ang kabilang team. Okay?"

"Yes coach!"

"Get ready guys. 30 minutes before game time!"

Lumabas muna sa dugout si Coach Ayo at naiwan kaming lahat sa loob. I put on my jersey and grabbed Maine's hand, pulled her so we can talk outside.

"Bakit tayo lumabas, love?" she asked. We settled on a bench. "Pwede naman tayo dun sa loob."

"And see the boys look at you? Di na uy," I told her. She moved closer and rested her head on my shoulders. I held her hand kissed the back of her palm. "May sayaw kayo mamaya?"

"Yup, halftime. You're up against the Science High School diba?"

"Oo eh, malas nga sila pa unang natapat sa'min."

She held my chin as she looked at me. "Ano ka ba, kayang-kaya niyo yan. Lalo na ikaw, I believe in you. Sobra sobra!"

"Thanks, love. I needed that one. Buti na lang nandiyan ka."

"Syempre naman no," she said and pinched my cheeks. "Ano? Tara na? I'll watch you sa courtside ha? I'll be with Karla and Gio later."

"With your uniform?"

"O, why? Katamad na magpalit, love. Sasayaw din naman kami mamaya wag ka nang basag trip."

"Ito naman, natatawa lang ako. Literal na cheerleader eh."

Her brows furrowed and her forehead creased a little. "I am a cheerleader. Di kita gets, love."

"Ako rin di ko gets," I held her hand as we walked back towards the dugout. "Tara na nga, magsisimula na yung game eh."

***

We are up against the other team with 8 points, with barely 3 minutes left in the game. Nabubwisit na nga ako kasi ilang beses na kong muntik ma-technical foul all because of that annoying power forward from the other team, Gerard Samson. Konti na lang talaga mananapak na ko.

And it's not really helping that he glances at Maine with every chance he gets, especially when they danced at the halftime period. Literal na nakatitig siya kay Maine while she dances, and I can see how amused he is with my girlfriend. Gagong to ah. Nagtitimpi lang ako since that halftime period, kaya ngayon, kahit gusto ko na siyang balyahin hindi naman pwede. I can't be out of this game just because I feel jealous. I'd deal with that later.

But still, Maine managed to make me smile and thrive harder as she watches the game, with her complete cheerleading uniform and a placard with my name on it (literal na nalaglag ako sa upuan nung makita ko yon before the game started). Silang tatlo nina Karla and Gio (!!!), may mga hawak na placards with our names (Paolo and Kevin) on it. Ang ingay nga lang manood ni Maine, mas galit pa siya sa referee kapag may bad calls sa team namin. Nakakatakot.