In the Name of Science

Lewis began fangirling about figuring out what our transformation was about by borrowing equipment from a marine biologist coming to town named Dr. Denman.

I was definitely skeptical considering Lewis was going to be bringing samples of our DNA near a well known and highly respected marine biologist.

We were walking around with Cleo after allowing Lewis to meet Dr. Denman and she had nothing good to say at all, which made me think that Cleo was just acting a little jealous because all Lewis could talk about was how amazing the marine biologist was. We met up with Lewis at the juice bar and I questioned, "So, what exactly are going to say to the good doctor, Lewis?"

"Have a little faith, please. All I want is access to her lab, that's it."

Emma joined in, "You're a sucker for a pretty face."

"Pretty face?" Lewis denied, "You think I noticed whether she was pretty or not? I'm a scientist, besides, she wasn't that special anyway." Suddenly Lewis's phone rang and all he had to do was look at the CallerID and his eyes lit up, "Oooh, it's her."

I sighed, leaning back in my seat watching Lewis jump up and try to play cool while talking on the phone. I rolled my eyes as Cleo complained, "He's got her number already programmed into his phone."

Lewis giggled and Rikki pointed it out, "Nervous laughter, not good."

Emma then asked, "Is he twirling his hair?"

I looked over and answered, "Yep, he's completely smitten."

Emma started gagging as Cleo confirmed what we were all thinking, "We are in big trouble."

As soon as Lewis sat down Emma said, "Well I'm convinced, you can't be trusted."

"What?"

I leaned forward, "Lewis, forget about her for a minute, this is us we're talking about. Do not reveal anything to her, do you understand?"

Emma added, "Yeah, we have a lot riding on this."

After Lewis came back from his first day with Dr. Denman, we were all at Cleo's house ready to dig into some pizza as he told us that all he did was mop the floor.

"You mopped floors?" Cleo asked

"And that helps us how exactly?" Rikki added, rubbing it in Lewis's face.

"Guys I know what I'm doing," the boy pleaded, "I have access to her lab, all I need now is a fresh DNA a sample, say a toenail clipping?"

I scrunched up my nose and sat down, "Not going to be be."

He leaned down on front of me, "Yes you, I need your DNA especially to know how it's different from theirs and determine why your trail is green instead of orange. The reason could also be linked to why you have more than one power."

I groaned knowing he was right and took the clippers getting for him my left pinky toenail. Cleo was the volunteer of the other girls.

Emma called me and I went over to her house as quickly as I could. She ushered me upstairs and demanded of Lewis, "Tell her."

I turned my attention to Lewis, "Lewis, what's wrong?"

He sighed, "Dr. Denman may have seen your DNA sample."

Fury rose up in me, "Lewis! How could you?! We kept warning you to be careful, why didn't you listen?!" After screaming for a minute I looked up at the nerd, "I thought I could trust you."