Dr. Denman Returns (Part 2)

We were all distraught, sitting on the edge of the docks with Miss Chatham, "Mako Island was here long before us and will be here long after we all pass. And long after this full moon."

My eyes widened, "Oh yeah, full moon time again. But what are we going to do? The only safe place during a full moon is the moon pool and we can't risk going out there as long as Dr. Denman is sticking around."

"Is it going to be as bad as last time?" Cleo asked

"The full moon is a powerful force," Miss Chatham explained, "But this time however, it's even more so."

Thankfully we had informed Casey and Matthew about the dangers of the full moon and Casey asked, "Really? How do you know?"

"I know," she replied

"Somethings can't be explained," Lewis agreed. "Some things are meant to be taken on faith. Right Miss C.?"

"Right you are Lewis."

Later that day Rikki called an emergency meeting at the juice bar telling us that Zayn told her that Dr. Denman had underwater cameras and captured pictures of us. All the hope that we had left was that they still didn't know our identities. Lewis got a phone call from Dr. Denman, asking him to meet her. He wanted to go play undercover agent, but I didn't think it was a good idea to let him go alone. So, Matthew and Casey decided to go with him. One on land and one in the water.

I was waiting uncomfortably for an update from any one of the boys. All of a sudden Cleo received a text from Lewis asking us to meet him and the boys at Mako urgently.

The girls swam in while I stayed behind and found the camera, crushing it in my hand. I finally swam in and called out, "Lewis!"

My fury rose when Dr. Denman stepped out of the shadows, "Glad you could come, girls. Although, I didn't expect four of you."

She looked at me and I dove back under and began to shake the gate that had been placed over the entrance. I even tried slamming my tail against it, but to no avail. I came back up and watched the girls use their powers against Dr. Denman. The blonde then threatened, "Before you do something you'll regret, you should see this." She held up a screen of Lewis and Matthew trapped in a small room. I acted surprised, but realized that Casey was still free and that we still had hope. "Needless to say if anything were to happen to me."

Emma demanded, "What do you want from us?"

Suddenly a voice called, "Dr. Denman! Dr. Denman." 

Harrison Bennet came into the room along with Zayn and I screamed, "YOU!" I caused waves to enter the small room and crash against the side while heating it to a boil, scalding Zayn's legs. The girls grabbed me and made me stop reminding me about Matthew and Lewis.

I swam to the back of the Moon Pool and cooled down. Cleo began comforting me, but to no avail. I whispered to her that Casey was still out there somewhere and we each told Emma and Rikki. We weren't giving up, at least not yet. I swam up to Mr. Bennet and asked, "Where's my lawyer, Harrison? I'm sure my mother would have plenty to say about this abuse and blatant disregard of human rights."

I saw fear flash across his face, but replied, "Ah, but you're not fully human, are you?"

I hissed, "I still am, the only thing different about me now is that I have power you could never imagine. Unlike the other girls, I'm not opposed to violence and mark my words, before this is over, I will drown you."

He backed away and Dr. Denman approached me, looking down, "Threaten all you want, as long as I have your precious Matthew, you have no power."

I lifted myself up, steadying myself on my hands, "That's where you're wrong, Doctor. You can't hold onto him forever and once he's safe, I will strike and it will be catastrophic. One thing you should learn, Dr. Denman, is to never mess with a mermaid. Especially not one like me."