Meeting Miss Chatham & Cleo's Birthday

I was hanging out with Matt at the park when I got a text from Emma asking me to meet her at her house. "Sorry, Matt, it's an emergency; I'll see ya later."

I knocked on the door seeing it open, "Hello, Emma, can I come in?"

"We're in the living room!"

I walked in to see a lady sitting on the couch, who smiled at me, "You must be Madeleine."

I came in and held out my hand, "Yes, and who are you, may I ask?"

Emma came up behind me, "Maddie, this is Miss Chatham, the woman Cleo always talks about."

I smiled as she took my hand, only to bring me closer to grab my necklace, "You found Anne's locket." She opened it to snap back in surprise and grin widely, "Oh, what a beautiful pearl, it definitely bring out your eyes."

I smiled back, "Thank you, I found it and use it as a good luck charm."

One night, after dinner we were all sitting down with Miss Chatham as she talked about our burden and how we needed each other for support. After it got quiet, I asked, "Can you tell me about Anne?"

I saw her eyes glaze over in nostalgia, "Anne was the youngest of our group, she started out as sickly, but after that night in the pool she became the strongest of us. Despite her age she was more mature than us at times and displayed great wisdom when we needed her the most. She was fiercely loyal and protective, anyone who threatened our way of life had to face her wrath. However, she had a great kindness, but also a great fury lying just beneath her skin." Miss Chatham paused, "I think that's enough for one night, goodnight girls."

"Goodnight, Miss Chatham."

"See you tomorrow."

The next morning I got the SOS from Emma that Miss Chatham was nowhere to be found and her boat was gone! I met her down at the docks and we went to find Lewis to get his boat to follow after Zayn, who was going after Miss Chatham.

We made it to the Lorelei and got Miss Chatham her pills and loaded her into Lewis's boat to take her to the hospital. I wasn't too happy about Zayn staying on the Lorelei, but Miss Chatham needed immediate medical attention. We heard an explosion and turned to see that Zayn hadn't come out of the boat.

Emma and I had to swim in order to save him from drowning. Even with our strength the door didn't budge, so Emma hit it with her tail and then I did. We managed to bend the door enough to open it and I swam in to grab Zayn and drag him up while Emma grabbed his boat.

We dragged his unconscious form onto the beach at Mako and waited after making sure he was still alive. I didn't want him to think that we both saved him so I told Emma I was going back down to find Miss Chatham's treasure.

I knew exactly what it was as soon as I found the locket. Emma and I presented it to Miss Chatham after the hospital discharged her again. She opened it to reveal four girls with tails; Julia, Gracie, Anne, and herself.

After that day, I went to see Miss Chatham a lot at the retirement home and we talked about her past, full moons, powers and the dangers of being a sea creature.

Cleo's birthday was today and I got the perfect gift, dropping it off at her house before she ran off. I knew she would head to Mako so I tried to call Lewis, who was out with Zayn making sure he didn't find his sea monster that saved him from the Lorelei shipwreck, but only got voicemail.

I knew I had to make sure Cleo wasn't discovered so I swam after her, making sure to dive deep and not create surface waves. As Lewis distracted Zayn I helped pull Cleo back into the water and swim safely to the Moon Pool where I tried to comfort her like I did Emma. Cleo and I decided to go top side and into the jungle to make sure it was clear to go back to the mainland.

We met up with Lewis who promised to keep Zayn busy while we went back. I got a text from Lewis later about making sure Cleo got to the Juice Bar at 5:30 for her alternative birthday party.

The party went over well and Cleo had good ending to her 16th birthday. She gave me a bone-crushing hug when she opened my present for her; a new light pink dress with a seashell bracelet to match.