Solitude, Kids, and Fishing

I kept the fact I had a new power a secret from the others because I didn't want them to freak out and honestly I didn't know how to explain to them that I had a new power, and Rikki's on top that!

I spent a lot of my newfound free time with Casey at the juice bar and at my safe perch on Mako Island practicing the use of my powers. One day I decided to test the full strength of my powers and managed to summon tsunami high waves that crashed onto the Mako beach as well as a maelstrom just off the coast. Rikki's power was a little harder to control considering I almost, accidentally, burnt down half the island.

Once I got the hang of it, I could dry myself off quicker than ever, which would help if I ever had an emergency transformation in public. I felt strong and powerful; I felt as though no one could stop me, but I also knew that the new power was nothing to take lightly especially where full moons are concerned.

I had a theory regarding the full moons and how I acquired my new power, but there was only one way to find out and that would have to be tested during the next full moon.

I was at the cafe with everyone the next day when Lewis got a call from Cleo about an injured pelican in her upstairs bathroom. We went over to her house and sure enough there was a pelican in her house. On top of that, Cleo's little cousin was missing as well!

When we finally caught the pelican, Cleo went to take it back to the Marine Park while I stayed home to watch Kim as Lewis, Rikki and Emma went to the beach to find the mischievous Angela. When we interrogated her, I was not surprised to find out she was a spoiled little brat. I pointed out, "Well I'm surprised to find someone almost as good at lying and manipulating as me."

Angela grinned, "Thank you."

I walked over to her and hovered over her intimidatingly, "Notice, you little brat, that I said almost as good. You got caught, whilst I never get caught." I saw the uneasiness in her eyes and lowered myself till I was on her level, "Mess with Cleo or Kim again and you will have to sleep with one eye open; am I clear?" She nodded and I backed away, "Good." I looked over at Cleo, "Hey Cleo, doesn't the injured pelican habitat need cleaning?"

It took Cleo a minute, but she finally returned my smirk, "You know, Maddie, I believe it does." I made sure to stay with Cleo at the Marine Park to make sure Angela didn't run off without finishing the job.

Even though I didn't want to, I went with Cleo to support Lewis at the annual fishing competition. Not even ten minutes into the competition, I noticed Nate setting up a trap that tripped up Lewis and he fell into the water! 

While everyone else went over to laugh at Lewis, I went over to Nate's trap and cut it while he wasn't looking. I then set up a little bit of revenge by using my new power to heat up the lid of his tackle box until it melted over the bottom, so that when it cooled, he couldn't open it.

However, despite my efforts Nate was still in the lead, until Cleo disappeared and Lewis caught the biggest fish ever, it looked like if it was any heavier, it would snap his rod! 

I found out later, after getting a couple juices, that Lewis was being thrown out of the competition for cheating, due to the fact that the fish he caught was a deepwater fish that you can't catch on the pier. Cleo then admitted to Lewis and I that she put the fish on the end of his lure as a way of paying him back for all the nice things he's done for us.

In order to make it up to Lewis; Cleo, Emma and I went out to bring other deepwater fish up to the pier and put them on those using Lewis' invented fishing lure, so that Lewis could be allowed back into the competition and his name was cleared. He ended up winning the competition in the end.

I went over to Rikki's afterward as she explained that she went to a seminar and ended up getting stuck out on a balcony with Zayn. I was shocked to learn that he was afraid of heights and they both ended up kissing by the time she left.

I was so happy for her, even if she did have a crush on Zayn Bennet. I even promised not to tell the other girls for fear of her being told she couldn't date the infamous sea monster hunter.