♡ F O U R ♡

The whole restaurant fell silent.
_______________________________________

"Hey, why is everybody so-" I was cut off by Sans, who was laughing so hard my ears felt like bleeding.

"You're kidding right?" He asked, after he was done laughing. I looked at Grillby, who was staring at me like I just touched him without burning myself.

"No, my name is Frisk." I said, totally unaware of the situation.

Why the frick was everyone so quiet? What was wrong with my name?

"Frisk..." Sans looked at the exit of the restaurant. "I think I should tell you something, something important." He sighed, probably trying to make a sentence.

"You see, another human had fallen down once. Well, more than one. To be exact; eight. And, one of them was named Frisk. That human had fallen down before you fell."

I gasped and looked at Grillby, who nodded.

"And uh, it's a pretty long story." Sans groaned and looked at me, his head slightly tilted to the side; as if asking if he should continue. I waved my hand at him as sign that he may continue.

Sans smiled slightly and continued his story. "Well, you see... There's a story about humans and monsters. Once they lived in peace, then war broke out and humans won the war. Seven of their most powerful enchanters sealed us underground with a magic spell.

Each of the enchanters had a different soul trait." I made a questioning noise. "Uh..." Sans looked at me, seeming to understand what I meant.

"Every living creature has a soul. And those souls have traits. I'll explain later about souls and stuff, but now, lets continue the story.

The enchanters each had 7 soul traits;

Kindness.
Perceverance.
Integrity.
Bravery.
Justice.
Patience.
Determination.

They were the most powerfull, so they could seal all away the monsters underground with their stupid magic spells.

But, we knew what to do.

Each time a human fell down, we had to take their soul to get back to the surface and take revenge.

Then a human fell down, when it was many years later. We already had forgotten about revenge and started living our lives peacefully underground.

Our queen and king and their son had adopted the first fallen human.

Her name was Chara." He seemed to be a bit angry, but that faded away soon.

"One day, she died. She ate buttercups, which are poisonous. Our prince, Asriel, took her soul  to go to the surface.

To fulfill her last wish.

Her last wish was to see the flowers of her village again, maybe, to be buried there.

So, Asriel took her, but the humans attacked him.

He came back to the underground, where he died because of them.

The queen and king were devastated, they had lost two of their children in one day.