8.

I gasped and grabbed a rag before running to his aid. I zigzagged through the tables trying to get to him as fast as I could. Even though the cafe was small I felt I was running for hours. I got to him and sat on my knees putting the rag on his back gently. He arched his back in pain and screamed getting everyone's attention. I saw blood slowly seep onto his dark grey sweater.

"Oh my god. Okay um, I need to call an ambulance." I said to myself as I flipped him over. He looked at me with tears on the brim of his water line. I felt like shit so I helped him stand up and sat him down on a bench. Everyone was still watching and my heart was still racing. I looked into his sweater and saw he was cut in various spots with large burns where he wasn't cut as bad.

I ran to the back room to get my phone and called a taxi. On my way out of the kitchen, Grace came to me saying to not worry about my shift and that she would take care of it. I thanked her and grabbed my jacket and wallet before sprinting back to the cafe.

I helped him stand back up by putting his arm around my shoulder and holding him by the waist since he had bent his foot when he fell and he couldn't walk very well. I felt him put a lot of weight on me and I let him since this was all because of me.

I opened the door to the cafe and felt the rush of cold wind strike me. We got outside and saw the taxi coming up to us so I lifted my arm showing we were who he was picking up. The stranger was getting heavy and just as I felt as if I was going to fall, the taxi driver helped me get him into the taxi. I sat next to this boy and we went straight to the hospital.

We reached the hospital and he was placed on a wheelchair before being rushed into the emergency room. I was told by a kind nurse to please wait by the entrance of the room he was in while they worked with him. I paced around the bright and clean hall not caring that people were staring. My footsteps got faster and faster as I thought of the possibilities of what could happen when he came out of the room. Nurses rushed in and out of the room holding bloody bandages and small pieces of glass. Seeing this made me even more anxious. I finally took a breath and asked the nurse that was walking back to the room how he was.

"He is okay, but he will need to rest. He sprained his ankle very badly and he will need someone caring for him at all times."

"Oh thank god. Thank you so much."

I felt like I was sat in that pale blue plastic chair for ages before a nurse went out of the room calling for me by my name. How did she know my name? Eh, whatever.

"How is he?"  I asked anxiously while rubbing my thumb against my cold and sweaty palm.

"He is fine, as of right now he's asleep but visitors are allowed." She said caringly while smiling at me to try and calm my nerves. "Thank you so much!"

//At his Room//

I stood in front of his door staring intently at the light wood and its wiggly natural design. I sighed and put my fist up to the door.

1,2,3.

I stopped before knocking and a train of thought began rushing around my stressed brain.

What if he doesn't like me? I helped him though, there's no reason for why he wouldn't like me. What if he's underage? Where are his parents? Is he going to blame me for what happened to him?

I swatted away my excessive thoughts and put my hand on the cold metal doorknob. I slowly turned the doorknob and held my breath. Just as I was going to walk into the room, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped in fright and turned around to see the nurse from downstairs with a clipboard in her hand. She smiled awkwardly at me before handing me the clipboard and walking away quickly.