8

8. Johnnie Fucking Kendrick

Dave East

Finally we arrived back in Los Angeles. I'd expected Johnnie to complain or cause trouble, but surprisingly he didn't. Nasir is driving as he turned right. We were only a couple of blocks away from Dre's. I just wanted to get this over with and get paid.

"You've been quiet. What did you do to piss Dre off?" I asked curiously.

"I didn't do shit. Dre was the one who screwed me over!" Johnnie spoke.

"Whatchu mean?" I asked.

"Let's get say is nothing but a liar. He promised me something and betrayed me. But don't worry it'll all be over soon." Johnnie said.

"Whatchu mean by that?" Tristan asked.

Johnnie went back to staying silent as we pulled up to the house. A bunch of guys were standing there as we all got out of the car. The four of us walked in the house and headed straight to Dre's office. I had a bad feeling something was about to happen, but I couldn't figure out what yet.

"Johnnie!" Dre said. "My old friend. So glad you could make it."

"Like you gave me a choice." Johnnie commented.

"I know and I'm sorry I had to send them to come and get you. But it's your own fault." Dre said.

"My fault? You told me I was out and then you changed your mind." Johnnie said. "You're nothing but a fucking snake!"

"And what are you gonna do about it?" Dre asked.

The next thing I knew Johnnie had pulled out a gun and started shooting. Nasir, Tristan and I ducked down avoiding all of the bullets. We looked at each other and then made a run for it. Bullets flown pass us as we left the house and back into our cars. Once I was down the street, I suddenly felt in pain. I looked down at my shirt and lifted it up.

I've been shot!

"Shit!" I mumbled.

Roni Quinn

After looking for a job all day, I crashed in my bed and felt my eyes get heavy. But suddenly, there was a loud bang at the door. Bash barked loudly as I went downstairs and opened the door finding Dave. He was leaning against the door looking pale as fuck.

"What do you want?" I asked crossing my arms.

Dave exhaled. "I need your help."

"You need my help? Dave, where were you?" I questioned. "Did you think you could come here and expect me to jump at your beckon call?"

"FOR GOD SAKES!" Dave snapped. "I've been shot!"

I looked down at Dave and saw that blood was gushing. "Oh my god."

I helped Dave into the house and upstairs into the bathroom. He sat on the edge of the tub while I looked into the cabinets grabbing the first aid kit. I lifted up Dave's shirt and saw the bullet hole. I was about to pass out.

"Ok what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Is there an exit wound?" Dave asked.

I checked and nodded. "No."

"That means the bullet is still inside. You need to take the bullet out." Dave said.

I choked. "W-what?"

"You need to take the bullet out to stop the bleeding. Veronica, you can do this." Dave said.

" I don't think I can." I said.

"Yes you can because if you don't I'm gonna bleed to death right here, right now." Dave said.

"That's comforting." I mumbled.

I took deep breaths and used my fingers to dig the bullet out. Dave yelled at the top of his lungs at the pain. After a couple of seconds, I pulled the bullet out and put it in the sink. Dave's breathing slowed down. I began patching him up, cleaning the wound. I avoided eye contact with Dave until I was all done. I put the bandage on before collecting all the garbage. The blood covered garbage.

"I should get some rest." Dave said.

"Here let me help you." I said.

As soon as Dave's head hit the pillow, he fell asleep. I went back into the bathroom and washed the blood from my hands. I'd never seen so much of it at one time.

What the hell happened?