27

27. Mystery Threats, Mystery Guests ( Part One )

Roni Quinn

I woke up this morning with a certain glow. This was it. Today was the day. It was my birthday! I was turning 24. Ever since I was a teenager, I found that my birthday was never important because it was always about my sister. Now that both my parents and Lola are gone, I wish I can have them with me celebrating with me and being here right now in my life. 

I was sleep when all of a sudden, I felt nothing my kisses and ticklish touches on my body. I smiled waking up and when I turned over in the bed, and saw Dave all over me. He stopped when he saw me and couldn't help smile back at me. I moved in closer and pressed my lips against his before he pulled away.

"Happy birthday baby girl." Dave said before putting a box in front of me.

I smiled. "What is this?" 

"Your gift." Dave said.

"Dave, you didn't have to get me anything." I said. 

"Just open it." Dave demanded.

I did what Dave said and opened the box. It was a collar with the name Zeus on it. I looked up at Dave and couldn't believe it. He got me another dog. I was so in shock that I didn't even realize that I hadn't said anything for a couple of minutes. But when I finally snapped out of my thoughts, I went over to Dave and gave him a kiss.

"You didn't have to do this, you know that right?" I said.

"I know, but I'd do anything for you Veronica." Dave said. "I know how upset you were when Bash died and he was a good dog. Maybe with Zeus you can start over and start loving another dog in honor of Bash." 

I choked back some tears. "I love it. Thank you so much."

I hugged Dave really tight and Dave hugged me back. When the emotional moment cleared, I pressed my lips against Dave and he eventually kissed me back and pinned me on my back. Dave hovered over me the kiss we shared never broke. His hands went up my thigh which sent shivers all through my body. Before anything else could continue between us there was a knock at the door. Both of us were irritated, but I got out bed and went downstairs to go answer the door. But I when I opened the door, there was nobody there. I was about to close the door but there was a bouquet of roses and a note on my doorstep. I picked it up and took it over to the table. I picked up the note that was attached to it and read it.

Happy Birthday to the one and only Quinn alive!

Hope you enjoy your yourself because after today chaos will be heading your way. But don't worry you'll have more surprises your surely enjoy. Everything is coming back to bite you in the ass. 

Kisses

"What is that?" Dave asked.

"Oh nothing, just some flowers I think Lottie sent me." I lied hiding the note behind my back. 

"Oh well, I gotta go." Dave said.

"Ok." I smiled anxiously.

"But I will see you tonight right?" Dave asked.

"Of course, can't wait." I said. "See you tonight."

Dave left my house and I just stood there wondering who sent me these roses and this mysterious note. The only person I know who could send me something like this is Liya and I really don't have time for her psycho bullshit.

Dave East

I left Veronica's house and went to go meet up with Lottie and Nasir. Today was Veronica's birthday and I was about give her the best birthday than she ever could imagine. I want to show Veronica how much I care about her and how everything she's done to change me for the better. I got into my car and drove over Luke's Cafe and met up with Nasir and Lottie who were waiting for me. I walked up to the booth and sat in the seat across from them.

"Sorry I'm late, what did I miss?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just trying to figure out what to do for Roni''s birthday." Lottie said. 

"We could have a surprise party." Nasir suggested. 

"And who would come? The three of us are the only people she has in her life." Lottie said. "Plus, Roni hates surprise parties."

"Why?" I asked.

Lottie sighed. "Because of Lola."

"When Roni was turning sixteen, her parents wanted to throw her surpise party and invite all of her friends. But her parents had to go out of town on business, so Lola decided to throw a rager and invited the entire school. Lola made it about her and not about Roni. So later that night, they both get a call that their parents died in a car accident and the rest is history." 

That shit was heavy. "Damn." 

"There was a competition between Lola and Roni, but Lola always had to do shit and wanted to be out on top. I don't know why, but she did it because she was Lola and no one could say no to her." Lottie explained. 

"Well we'll give her the birthday she's never had. It'll be the best birthday she'll never forget." I said.

"What do you have in mind?" Lottie asked. 

***

I walked up to Veronica's door and knocked on the door. I waited for a few seconds and when the door opened, I was loss for words. Veronica came to the door looking sexy as fuck. She was wearing black knee ripped jeans, a grey shirt, a black jacket, and leopard heels. The way the outfit complimented her body and everything I love. 

"You look beautiful." I said.

"Thanks." Veronica said. "You clean up pretty nicely too."

We got in my car and drove off. I didn't tell Veronica where we going because it was a surprise, but it was something that she would like and it was something that I know would be all about her. It only took a couple of minutes and we arrived at Sunset Lanes. I parked the car and Veronica and I entered. I led her straight to the back and found Lottie and Nasir. 

"SURPRISE!" They yelled.

"Aw thanks guys, but you didn't have to do this." Veronica said.

"As much as I would like to take credit for this, it was all Dave's idea." Lottie said.

Veronica faced me and smiled. "You did this for me?" 

"You know I would do anything for you." I said. 

Veronica came closer and wrapped her arms around me. "You're the best boyfriend ever." 

"I have the best girlfriend ever." I said. 

Veronica smiled and I just saw that twinkle in her eye. I smiled back and pressed my lips against hers to savor the moment. When our moment was over, we went to where Lottie and Nasir was and started our game. 

Roni Quinn

B.E.D x Jacquees was playing as Dave pulled up to my house. Lottie went Nasir to go to a club to keep their party going, but me I wanted to be alone with Dave. The both off us got out of the car and went in the house. I took off my jacket and approached Dave automatically kissing him without hesitation. Dave kissed me back and lifted me up walking over to the couch. The kiss never broke as I wrapped my arms around Dave's neck while h\is hands fell down to my waist. I took off his shirt to expose his beautiful sculpted inked chest. We looked into each other's eyes for a moment before we got back to kissing each other. 

"I love you." Dave said.

"I love you too." I said.

Dave kissed me while he unbuckled my belt around my waist and untucked my shirt. He took my shirt off exposing my lace bra which he could see my nipples. He peeled down one strap and softly kissed my shoulder and trailed up to neck and up to my lips again. The makeout session went on for about another two minutes, before the door was knocked on. I got off of Dave putting my shirt back on and went to answer the door. But when I opened it, I couldn't believe who was standing there. It was so sureal and fucking impossible. 

"Holy fucking shit." I said. 

"Did you really think you could have a party and not invite me?"

"Veronica who is it?" Dave asked. 

"Lola." 

... ... ...