12

12. That Moment

Dave East

Tristan Trevor James Thompson
( March 31, 1991 - May 31, 2017 )
Loving Friend and Brother
You Will Be Deeply Missed

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you." I said. "I'm sorry that you got killed. You deserved way better than this. I promise you that I will get the motherfucker who did this to you. I will put that nigga six feet in the fucking ground like he did to you. Your death will not be in vain."

"Dramatic much?" I heard a voice say.

I turned to see my Uncle. I hadn't seen him in a while, so it was strange to see him here especially after all these years.

I walked up to him and dabbed him and we gave each other a hug

I walked up to him and dabbed him and we gave each other a hug. We pulled away a couple of seconds later and fist bumped each other.

"Good to see you nephew." Uncle said.

"You too Unc, you too." I said.

"Sorry I missed the funeral man, I got here as fast as I could." Uncle said.

"Its ight." I said. "How'd you know?"

"Nas told me. Plus, Tristan was like a son to me and I knew how close the three of you were." Uncle said. "I had to come out and show some love."

"I appreciate that." I said.

"Hey no problem man, we family. And you never abandon your family." Uncle said.

I nodded. "So how long you in town for?"

"I don't know. A couple of days maybe. I got some business to take care of." Uncle said. "Why?"

"Nun just asking." I said. "Lemme take you out, show you my side of town."

Before Uncle could say anything else, my phone rang. I took my phone out my pocket and saw that it was Veronica. I hit the ignore button and put my attention right back on Uncle. He raised his eyebrow looking at me funny.

"What?" I asked.

"Who was that?" Uncle asked.

"Veronica." I said.

"Who's Veronica?" Uncle asked.

"She's some girl I'm seeing." I admitted.

"Some girl you seeing?" Uncle said. "Is she a good girl?"

I nodded. "When she wants to be."

"How do you feel about her?" Uncle asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I like her a lot. She makes me feel like I can do and be better."