32

32. Change of Heart 

Lola Quinn

I walked into Liya's office to get the update on the Veronica and Dave situation. I thought we'd given them enough time to figure out their next move. Liya looked up at me and smiled. I sat down in the chair that was across from her and she began to start talking to me.

"So are they gonna do it? Is Veronica turning herself over to us?" I asked.

"Oh trust me, Veronica has already been taking care of." Liya said.

"What do you mean taken care of? What did you do?" I asked concerned.

"Let's just say that Veronica is going to have the ride of her life." Liya said.

"Yea but what the fuck did you do?" I asked.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it, just know that Veronica is not gonna be a problem for us right now." Liya said as she began to walk out the office.

I stepped in front of her and stopped her in her tracks. Liya looked over at me confused not knowing what I was doing. But to be honest, I didn't even know what I was doing. 

"What did you do?" I asked.

Liya scoffed. "Why do you care?"

"I don't. I just want to know what you did. I mean you could've talked to me." I said.

Liya looked at me trying to figure out if she believed me. But eventually she gave in and just told me because I needed to know. I needed to know if she got the payback she so deserves.

"I had someone cut the brakes on Veronica's car and now I'm waiting for the call making sure that she's dead once and for all." Liya said. 

I looked at Liya and saw that she was completely serious. I swallowed and backed up letting Liya walk pass me. When I was sure that Liya was out of the room and maybe out of the house, I exhaled heavily. I couldn't  believe that Liya showed no emotion and didn't even care that she killed someone. Is that who I was becoming? I couldn't believe that I was turning into something like that. When it finally sunk in that I was about to kill my own  sister over something that happened a year ago, which wasn't even her fault... most of it. Now it was too late to even say that I was sorry.

I soon snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder turning me around. I came face to face to Johnnie which was weird because I didn't see him around the house or knew he was here.

"Johnnie, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"If you're wondering if Veronica is dead, she's not." Johnnie said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Look you might be able to fool Liya into that badass tough chick bullshit, but I know deep down you still care about Veronica. So if you want to see her again, then I suggest you go to see her before it's too late." Johnnie said.

"And what makes you think I give a shit about Veronica?" I asked.

"Lola, I don't know what's going with you and Veronica, but let's be honest you can't hate your sister no matter how hard you try." Johnnie said.

Johnnie said nothing else and left the room. Johnnie was right about that because no matter the shit Veronica and I go through, I can never be mad at her. I don't want to become Liya because she's already fucked up as it is. I left the room and the house, going into my car and drove off to where Veronica was. I just hope that's she ok.

Dave East

I couldn't believe that Veronica is in a coma and the doctors don't even know when she's going to be out. I knew eventually something like this was going to happen and I just couldn't believe that it happened to Veronica. In all honesty, Veronica is the innocent one in this underground world. I'm gonna have go back to the old me to make sure that Veronica is safe. I don't want anyone else getting hurt and like Veronica said, it's time to put a stop to this shit right here and right now. 

I was so in thought that I didn't realize that Lottie walked into the room and sat in the other chair next to the bed. I looked over at her as she put her hand into Veronica's. I knew this was more harder for than me because Lottie has known her since forever, but who would we be without Veronica in our lives?

"It's been three days. Do the doctors not know what to do?" Lottie said. 

I nodded. "I don't know. They can't even figure out what exactly is wrong with her in the first place?"

"I just miss her." 

"Me too." Lottie said. "Dave, she's my best friend and I don't know what will happen if she doesn't come back."

"Oh believe me, she's coming back." I said. 

"I wouldn't be sure of that." A voice said. 

Lottie and I looked over and saw Lola standing in the doorway. I got up immediately and balled my fists up. I don't know what Lola was doing here, but I knew one thing that if she's not out of here in the next five seconds, then I was going to jail for murder.

"The fuck you doing here?" I asked.

"Well what does it look like? I'm here to see Veronica. I heard she was in an accident I need to come and see her after all she's my sister." Lola said.

"You're not shit to her." Lottie said. 

"Oo careful now." Lola said. " Don't want to cause a scene."

"Oh trust me, there won't be until you get your ass out of here." Lottie said. 

Lola rolled her eyes. "I guess if I'm leaving but if I am I guess you don't want to know what happened to Veronica and what Liya did to her." 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

"Liya cut the brakes to Veronica's car and that's what caused her to drive off the road." Lola said. 

"Why should we believe you?" Lottie asked.

"I mean you don't have too, but we all know what Liya is capable of and if you want to get revenge on her, then you'll need my help." Lola said. 

"Why the fuck would we need your help? You were with Liya on trying to kill Veronica! Are we suppose to believe that all of a sudden you had a change of heart?" I asked.

Lola shrugged. "Believe what you want, but I know that Veronica is my sister and knowing that she almost died I don't know what I would've done." 

"I don't care about your feelings Lola, but I will make damn sure that Liya will pay for doing this to Veronica and to Tristan." I said. 

"So are we suddenly trusting her?" Lottie asked.

"No. We're just getting even with the bitch who's been giving us shit." I said. 

Without even thinking, I left the room and headed out of the hospital. I had to talk to Nasir and get in touch with Johnnie so that we make a move. I'm not waiting any longer to do what has to be done. I'm going after Liya and there ain't no ifs, ands, or buts about it. She messed with the wrong family and the wrong nigga. 

Lola Quinn

Telling Dave and Lottie what Liya told me was the right thing to do. I can't see myself becoming an evil bitch like her because I've been holding a grudge against my sister for the past year. It was time to do what was right and that was to make sure that Liya doesn't hurt my sister or anyone else any longer. As much as I hate to admit it, I do love my sister because when our parents died, we had only each other and I can't imagine life without her in it and I knew she couldn't have imagined life without me in it either. I just want to do right thing and protect her by making sure no one ever hurts Veronica again.

I mean is that wrong?

*NOTE: IN THE NEXT 2-3 CHAPTERS, THE BEAST WILL END. BUT I WILL BE MAKING A SEQUEL BECAUSE DAVE AND VERONICA'S STORY IS NOT FINISHED YET. BUT THE ENDING WILL HAVE YOU GOING LIKE WTF? I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED READING THIS AND CONTINUE TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME. APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT.*