9

9. The Truth

2:45 am

Roni Quinn

I couldn't believe what just happened.

Once I washed the blood off my hands, I sat up in my bed and just thought. Before I knew it, it was two in the morning. I looked over at Dave who was still asleep. I slipped out of bed and went downstairs to make me a drink. I poured me a glass of raspberry lemonade spiked with vodka. I took three sips before continuing to grasp my mind about what happened. I took another sip before putting the glass down and before I knew it I felt a tear stream out of my eyes.

"Are you ok?" I heard a voice say.

I turned around to see Dave. "Define ok. I mean I might be traumatized for the rest of my life, but other than that, I'm great."

"Look, I know what happened was scary..."

"Scary is the understatement. Try terrifying, traumatic, I mean what the fuck!" I said. "How did you get shot?"

"Someone used a gun and shot bullets." Dave said being smart.

I rolled my eyes. "That's a given asshole."

I walked passed Dave to go back up to my room, but he grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry." Dave said. "If you want I'll tell you everything you want to know."

I sat down at the table and Dave sat across from me. "Talk." I demanded.

"What do you want to know?" Dave asked.

"Everything. I wanna know you and why you came to my house bleeding." I said.

Dave sighed. "Ok. When I was four, my biological parents abandoned me left me for dead. The only thing I could do to survive was to be on the streets. I stole food and clothes so I didn't have to starve or be cold. One day I met his kid Nasir who was like me and we did everything together. We helped each other survive on the streets and we ran over anything and anyone that we couldn't trust. But things changed for me when this social worker caught Nasir and I and she put us in a foster home. It took a few months for us to be adopted and when I finally did, I had a mother, two brothers, a father, and a sister. But I was so used to being alone that I never learned how to be in a family. So I went back and forth between the Brewsters and the streets. But two years ago, I was out and my sister, Jordie calls me and tells me that our house is on fire. I get there and they're all dead, every single one of them. I told myself if I was home then I could've saved them."

I grabbed Dave's hand. "Dave what happened to your parents was not your fault."

"Yea but if I had been there, maybe they would still be here." Dave said.

"If you would've been there, you would be DEAD too." I said.

"When I tell you my life went to shit after they died. I'm still on the streets still doing what I gotta do to make money and survive." Dave said.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Veronica, I'm a drug dealer. I sell drugs on the street." Dave admitted.

My heart stopped. "I'm sorry you're a what?"

"I sell drugs to make money." Dave repeated.

I would've freaked out but to be honest in the last year, my whole life hasn't been normal. When I didn't say anything, Dave looked at me with worry. I got up from the table and sat on Dave's lap.

"What are you doing?" Dave smiled.

"I'm coming to kiss you stupid." I said.

"Why?" Dave asked.

"To thank you for saving my life and for telling me the truth." I said.

"Did I have a choice?" Dave asked.

"Not really. You can find that I can be very persuasive." I said.

Dave raised an eyebrow which made me smile. We both leaned in and pressed our lips together. The kiss we shared before was nothing like this one. I didn't know how long the kiss lasted but after, we both headed upstairs and went to sleep.

Dave East

5:05 am

I felt relieved that I told Veronica about what I did for a living and what happened to my parents. I don't know why she makes me feel el this way, but I just know that I don't ever want to lose her. I was watching Veronica sleep (which is creepy I know) when my phone beeped. I took my phone out saw a text message from an unknown number.

Once I'm done with Dre. I'm coming for you and your friends Dave! So watch your back!
-unknown 5:05 am

I looked at the message knowing exactly who it was from. I would've responded, but I didn't want too. I turned off my phone and went back to sleep. That was tomorrow's problem.

Dre

"I want that motherfucker found and I want his head on a fucking stake!" I yelled.

"Babe calm down." Liya said.

"Don't tell me to calm down! I invite him to my house and he comes here to shoot me! If that little shit thinks he can get away with it, he's got another thing coming." I said.

"Ok... so what do we do?" Liya asked.

"I'm putting my best people on it. And when they find him, I'm gonna kill him myself." I said.

Liya said nothing and made her way over to me. She sat in my lap before wrapping her arms around my neck. "Babe, you're stressed. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

I was so pissed and angry that I didn't realize that Liya had got down on her knees and began to suck my dick. But the rage inside me faded away for a moment. I just leaned my head back in the chair and enjoyed this stress reliever.