34

34. The Beast ( Part One )

2:56 am

Dave East

I was in my bed sleeping and dreaming about Veronica when all of a sudden when I heard a strange noise. I popped up in my bed and heard that the noise was coming from downstairs. I went into my nightstand and grabbed the glock and cocked it back. I slowly crept downstairs and saw glass shattered everywhere. I didn't know who or what was in the house, but let me assure you I was ready as a motherfucker. 

I turned the corner and went into the kitchen and glass was everywhere. I slowly crept inside the house to try and find out who was in my house at this time of night. When I finally entered the kitchen I was face-to-face to some guy in my house. I pointed the gun at him and when he saw me he looked up and froze. 

"Don't you fucking move." I said. 

"You think that shit scares me." He said.

"No, but I swear to god if you take one more step then your brains will be all over my fucking windows." I said. "What do you want?" 

"You know what they say don't kill the messenger." He said.

"So let me guess Liya sent you." I asked.

He nodded. "She wants to make a deal with you." 

"What kind of deal?" I asked.

"If you turn yourself over to her and work for her then she'll leave Veronica and your entire family alone." He said. 

"And why should I do something like that?" I asked.

"Because you want your family to live, don't you?" He said. 

"And what if I say no?" I asked.

"Well you're gonna have to wait and find out cause I was paid to give you a message and to mess up the shit that's in your house." He said. 

After talking to this goon Liya sent over, he left and I went back upstairs to my room and laid down in my bed. I put the glock under my pillow and I just started staring at the ceiling. All of this shit for what? Liya took everything from me and now she wants to take my life away from me too. I don't know what her end game is, but I guarantee that I'm going to be sucked up into her web of lies and deceit. I'm through playing these childish games. My thoughts continued to race through my mind and before I knew it, I found myself falling back to sleep. 

Roni Quinn

I was still in this hospital waiting for the doctors to tell me if I was ok to go home or not. But as usual no one was telling me anything which made nervous about what the results are. I was watching some show on the small tv in my room when all of a sudden, I heard a knock at the door. I looked up and saw Roe and Lottie. I smiled because I was desperate for some girl time. 

"I see you found Roe." I said.

"Yea I was coming here and saw her in the lobby." Lottie said. 

"It feels good to have the gang back together again." Roe said. "I'm sorry about Lola, Quinn." 

"It's alright. I mean it's not everyday that your twin sister comes back from the dead and then wants you dead." I said. 

"Yea but Dave is using her to get back at Liya for what she did to you and to be honest, if she was just some regular basic bitch on the street, then you know I would've beat her ass." Lottie said.

I smiled. "I know you would." 

"So what did the doctors say? I mean can you come home?" Lottie asked.