Chapter 3

"Cabello!" The coach called out, making Camila rush towards his side. He was grinning widely, eyeing Camila like she was some sort of trophy.

"Yes coach?"

"You can leave. I've seen enough. You're one of a kind you know that? Fast, agile, skillful, the perfect player. Training starts tomorrow for you." The coach smiled. Camila smiled at him and nodded, giving the coach a hug.

Normani and Lauren watched from afar.

"She got in. For sure." Normani told Lauren, who was watching the conversation intently. As soon as their conversation finished, Camila walked towards Alexis to tell her the good news and say goodbye. Once she was done, she walked towards the side of the field and grabbed her backpack.

She was about to leave when she heard her name being called from behind.

"Cabello!"

"What, Lauren?"

"Walk with me." Lauren said, grabbing her own bag from beside her. The girls trying out all watched as the eldest Jauregui walked towards Camila. Of course, the fact that she was wearing a Jauregui jersey didn't help either. Normani smirked at their interaction and gave Lauren a cheeky thumbs-up. Camila caught the action but decided to ignore it and waved goodbye to her instead.

"You're a bit obsessed with me, aren't you?" Camila joked as Lauren finally caught up with her.

"Wouldn't say obsessed..no. More like protective. It's late, wouldn't want anyone kidnapping you or some shit."

"Aw.. is this your way of getting girls?" Camila questioned and Lauren let out a long, dramatic sigh. Getting Camila's trust was going to be hard.

"No, I usually just sit and wait and girls come to me." Lauren almost physically face palmed herself when she let the words out, realizing how bad they sounded.

"But not me."

"Nope, not you." Lauren opened the door for Camila as the younger girl bowed down her head and headed inside. Lauren followed through and they walked silently along the hallway.

When they reached the end of the hallway, Lauren once again hurried forward so she could open the door for the younger girl. Camila won't lie, she enjoyed the chivalry gestures but was she seriously considering even feeling anything towards a Jauregui?

For all she knows.. this could all be a part of Lauren's plan to fuck her feelings up.

"Thank you Lauren." Camila mumbled as she stepped out of the building. Her hands immediately wrapped her body due to the coldness. Lauren watched the dark sky above them and took off her jacket for Camila.

"Wear this.. it's freezing." Lauren commented, not accepting any remark from Camila and wrapping it around her body.

"Lauren.."

"I'll be in a car. I'll be fine. Wait- we live right across each other, let me drive you." Lauren offered, giving her a tiny smile. She was freaking out, was she being too forward? This was clearly not something Lauren have ever done and thought she would ever do.

"Can't. My baby here needs to be brought home." Camila winked, pointing to her bike. At this point, she didn't care whatever Lauren was planning, she just wanted to appreciate Lauren for being so nice to her.

"I'll come back later with my dad's car, it has a bicycle rack."

"Lauren, I can't-"

"Get in the car, Cabello."

"No."

"Cabello..."

"No, Jauregui.." But Lauren wasn't taking a no as the sky turned even darker and water started pouring down. Camila was still stubborn and she put on her helmet but soon as she heard a loud ass thunderstorm, she turned weak and practically jumped on Lauren. She closed her eyes as she held the green eyed girl close. She buried her face on Lauren's neck and although Lauren hated that the girl looked so vulnerable, she enjoyed their close proximity.