Chapter 10

"That's my girl." Lauren yelled as Camila kicked the ball behind the net. Lucy and Keana watched in amusement as their best friend jumped up and down.

"Hold your horses, Jauregui, not your girl yet." Lucy winked.

"DId you see that goal? That was beautiful." Lauren ignored the comment and walked towards them.

"Was alright. Just like any other ordinary goal. But of course, you know, since Camila scored it, it's breathtaking." Keana teased.

"It's not about Camila. It's the power she put in that shot. Oh, and the way she dribbled the ball all the way from the opposite end of the field, like did you not see that run?" Lauren argued but the truth was, Keana was right. If Normani would've had done the same thing, Lauren wouldn't have cared as much.

The three then took their drinks and finished their breaks. They continued with their own practice, running around their side of the field and playing a bit of softball. Lauren was too caught up in her sport that she didn't realize that the soccer team have finished their practice and a certain brown eyed girl was currently watching her every move.

Camila was still giddy that not only has the Lauren Jauregui took her on a date and kissed her back, she also asked Camila to prom. She was undeniably gorgeous and irresistible but a piece of Camila's heart is just in denial that Lauren might actually be a decent person who wants nothing but to love.

She sat on the bleachers, drinking out off her water bottle. The other girls have headed into the locker room but Camila sat under the scorching sun, paying her attention to the older girl who have caused nothing but butterflies in Camila's stomach and pain in her brain. Not only was she confused on why Lauren chose her, her anxiety is yelling at her that something just isn't adding up. Everything was going too fast and it was scary.

"Camila!" Normani called out as she saw the smaller girl. She didn't get a reply. Camila was too busy staring at Lauren as if the more intense she stared, the more she'll figure the puzzle out. Too bad it didn't work that way. Normani snickered at the thought that the girl was staring at her best friend but got worried when she saw the slight frown on her pale face. She sat beside the younger girl, taking her by surprise.

"Hi." Normani started.

"Hey, Normani."

"Great practice, you killed it today."

"Thanks Mani, was team effort but thanks again." Camila gave her a small smile, before going back to stare at Lauren.

"Go easy on the staring there, Camila." Normani teased, winking jokingly.

"I- she's just so- I can't even find the word!" Camila admitted, waving her arms frantically.

"That's what usually happens when you have a crush on someone." Normani told her.

"Right. That's the thing, I fucking kissed her, right? So that obviously means I like her, and I do! I really do." Normani froze when she heard the word 'kiss'. How dare that hoe call her her best friend but didn't tell her that she kissed her fucking crush that Normani have worked so hard on playing cupid on. "But the thing is is she's Lauren Jauregui, and I'm a nobody. She can have anyone in the fucking school, why on earth does she like me? Is this a game Normani, because if it is, I wouldn't be mad or anything, but just tell me now so I know. Please, spare me another broken heart."

"Camila, I promise you she likes you for real. Ask her yourself after this. You're going home with her, right?" Normani asked and Camila grimly nodded, still thinking too much. She looked back up and this time, Lauren was looking back at her, smiling widely, before adding an enthusiastic wave.