[07]

"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

"Eliza was the worst thing that I had ever done." Elias whispered, his voice growing cold as he tried to make a joke. "I had Amelia to thank for that."

The living room was quite, as everyone listen to  Elias explain the history of Eliza and Amelia. They both were a huge part of his life after The Mikaelson's had fled France. Leaving him behind to clean up the mess they hadn't actually made when his family was murdered.

"She was innocent, young, beautiful. So full of life. And Amelia being the monster that she was, that I was. Took that from her." His words were laced with regret because truth be told he regretted every horrible thing that he had done.

He didn't sense any judgement. How could he. They had all done terrible things. Things most of them weren't proud of. But the past was in the past and it couldn't be rewritten. No matter how much they wished they could all take it back. He cleared his throat, shifting in the chair as he clasped his hands together.

His palms sweaty as he continued on with the story. Taking in deep breaths he tried to calm the nerves that were buzzing to life. "She had barely turned eighteen when she had married Sam Walker, a young banker from a wealthy family who had lived in the heart of London. Her life was just beginning, but she had a curious side. One that had gotten the best of her."

His thoughts flashed back to the memories. Eliza's dark raven hair, tan skin and striking brown eyes. She was beautiful and pure and for a moment he wished he had never been born. "The first time the both of us had laid eyes on the younger girl Amelia had became obsessed. She had envied her but she also despised her."

"So she wants revenge." Kol pipped up, breaking the silence. "So we find her and kill her."

"It's not that easy." Elias mustered, rolling his green eyes at Kol's silly comment. "Eliza could have taken a strike at me many times during the centuries that have past us but she didn't. So, why now?"

"Because of Amelia." Elise answered, her green eyes flickered back and forth between Elias and Olivia. "What if she wants the both of you to suffer."

"No," Elias shook his head. "She could have done that centuries ago. Amelia's dead. I watched her burn."

"And how could you be so sure she's truly dead. She could have escaped." Freya cut in.

The oldest Perro sibling shook his head at all their questions. Amelia was dead. He watched her burn. "No,"

"How can you be so sure?" Elias green eyes meet with blue. Rebekah was standing only a few feet away from him. Her hands on her hips as she raised her eyebrows in his direction. Waiting for him to answer her question.

"Because," he sucked in a deep breath, holding it in for a few seconds before releasing it. "I was the one that started the fire myself."

And he had never felt bad about causing the fire. Hearing the screams of the girl he thought he loved pierce the air as he watched the small house erupt into flames. Truth be told he had felt relief, watching that house burn. And that was the moment he knew he would have his revenge on the Mikaelson's for taking away his family. Like he had done to Eliza.

"Will she's very much alive. So she had to escape." Olivia shot back. "Or you suck at killing people. Which must be the reason the Mikaelson family is still alive."

"Then we kill her." Elise reveals, leaning over to grab a hold of Elias hand. Lacing their fingers together. "Both of them."

"No," Elias shook his head again, glancing up to look at his sister. "You don't know how dangerous they are. Especially Eliza."

"Elias-"

"Rebekah I said no." He was standing now, his stance firm as Rebekah stared at him. "This is my doing. I won't let my sins hurt my family or yours. Maybe it's best if you and Kol did leave town."

"Elias," it was Hayley's voice this time. "It may be your sins but your our family now. And we fight to protect our family. No matter the cost."

"Hayley what about Hope?" He was touched that they wanted to help but he couldn't put Hope in any danger. He wouldn't. "If something happens-"

"Nothing will happen to my daughter!" Klaus voice boomed through out the room, everybody's eyes finding him. "But Hayley's right. You are family after all. And nobody touches my family."

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- Okay guys I promise I'm alive and well. Sorry for the month long update. Life has been pretty hectic and kicking my butt but I finally found the time to write and again. I'm sorry for such a short chapter. It's really just a filler but I promise the next one will be better. Though I don't know when I'll be able to update it but I 100% swear I'm not giving up on this book.

Thank you all for being patient with me. Lots of love- Tori