[12]

"Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel."

When his phone rang he had answered it, his mind wondering back to seeing Eliza and hearing her threat. She hadn't tried to do anything and that was concerning to him. She could have taken a shot, but she hadn't. Why? She has waited along time to make him suffer and she finally had a chance to cause him pain.

"Hello?" Was all he could mutter. His eyes trained on the water, listening to the waves move back and forth. It was Rebekah. He breathed in a sigh of relief. Hearing her voice had made him feel somewhat better about the particular situation he had just been in. Though apart of him had wondered if she hated him for the conversation they had held last night.

It wasn't really a conversation per see. It was more of Elias telling Rebekah that he couldn't run off with her after all of this was said and done. He had never really given her the chance to speak her mind when his had already been made. No matter if it wasn't the choice he had really wanted it was what the two of them had needed.

Rebekah and Elise were in New Orleans looking to come after the oldest Perro sibling, something he should have expected. Freya had given them his location and of course the two vampires would follow. So he had told them the exact location he was standing in. Never mentioning the fact that he had come face to face with one of the demons they were on the hunt for. He wasn't sure if he should bring it up.

Of course he would have to eventually but for now he wanted to keep the small interaction to remain between just him and Eliza. It was his history after all. His demons to slay.

Flashback

Blood was splashed across his face, his veins were on fire from the feeding of the young mans blood. It had felt good for the first few minutes of the killing, seeing the fear of death flash between his dark brown eyes before Amelia and him had decided to rip him apart in front of his newly founded wife. Her heart was thumping against her chest as she sobbed silently in the night, her frail body was slumped against the brick building. Sweat and panic sweeping across her soft features as she glanced at her now dead husband.

The moon hung high in the darkened night sky, Amelia's arm snaked around the back of Elias neck. Pulling the taller monster towards her warm lips. The taste of iron brushing past his lips as guilt began to settle in the pit of his chest. The place where his heart had use to be. He snarled lightly at the older vampire, pushing her away from him as his eyes went towards what Eliza was looking at.

The corpse of Sam Walker. Her husband. The man the two of them had just killed. She needed to leave. He needed her to leave. But he knew she couldn't.

Not after what she had just witnessed. Even in the poorly lit light he could see her cheeks were stained with stale tears. Tears he had helped caused.

"Let's play a game." Amelia whined, as Elias moved towards the fragile girl. He had closed his eyes. Breathing in the smell of the fresh night air, but was washed away as the strong smell of iron was heavy in the air around them. If this had been human Elias his stomach would have turned from the smell of blood but he was something entirely new.

It had lit a small fire that was burning throughout his veins and before he could reply to Amelia's little comment. Eliza Harlow had found her strength, taking every ounce she had held in her small body and made ran towards the graveyard Sam and her had known by heart. It was where he had given her, her very first kiss. The same place they had said 'I love you' for the first time. She could her Amelia's laugh echoing across the cold night sky, sending a shiver up her body as she entered the graveyard.

"Amelia," Elias had groaned, sounding almost bored. "I'm bored. This isn't fun anymore."

"Elias," the older vampire had whined, wrapping her arm around his shoulder. Leaning on her toes as she placed a kiss on his tan skin. "The fun will start soon. I promise. I just want a taste."

Amelia began to wonder around the darkened graveyard. Hunting the poor young girl like prey. It was a cat and mouse game to the older woman. One Elias knew she would win if he didn't find Eliza himself. He could hear the sound of her heart beating rapidly against her chest like a drum, it was coming towards the back of the graveyard. So he had followed it.

Before she could let out a blood curdling scream, a large cold hand wrapped around her mouth. Silencing her. The figure pushed them up against a large tree trunk,"Shhhhh," the voice had whispered towards her. Quieting her. "Shhhh,"

"Go, now!" The voice had replied calmly into her ear. Her breath caught in her throat and as soon as their grip had lighten she had done exactly what they had told her to do. So she ran.

Elias watched as the young girl disappeared back into town. He had known that there was no way Amelia would follow after her. Too many people would be there. And he had known that as well. Which is why he had let her go.

He may very well be a monster. But he would never be the monster Amelia had sought him to be. There was still some good left in him. He just needed to find it before it was all too late.

End Of Flashback

"Elias?"

"They're not here." Was all he could reply with. Very well knowing it was a lie.

"We can figure this all out when we get back to the house."  He turned to see that it was Elise who was now talking. Eliza's words echoing in his mind. "Where it's safe."

Elias shook his head. "We'll never be safe Elise. You of all people should know that! Why are you here? After all this time? How did you know where to find me?"

Elise scoffed at all of the questions he was throwing at her. Olivia had helped her figure out where and how her eldest brother had been alive. But now he was acting like a completely different person. "Elias, I already told you my story. Why isn't that enough?"

They were both facing one another now. Anger and frustration flashing across both of their features as Rebekah watched the two siblings battle. For the first time it wasn't the Mikaelsons. "Because, Elise! You of all people should know that our family seems to be good at stabbing each other in the back!"

"Our family?" They could hear the disbelief in her tone. "If anybody is good at stabbing our family in the back Elias. It would be you. You're always choosing Rebekah, even if it's over your own blood. So how am I the backstabber? At least I know what it means to choose family."

And with the last of her words Elise walks away from Elias and Rebekah, leaving the two of them alone to look at each other. He needed to apologize but for now he just needed to let her go.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- Another chapter updated. Sorta of a short chapter but things are coming together. Let me know what you guys all think. Lots of love- Tori