9.

'What?' 'You heard me, why did you kiss me?' I really don't know what to say. I thought she likes me too. I actually don't think that but it was the only opportunity to kiss her probably. I know for sure when she gives me this reaction. 'I...uh....I' I stutter and when I want to give answer Tamara skates to us. 'What an amazing performance and especially the surprise at the end' Luna still looks angry. I look at Gaston who smirks. 'And the points for your performance is......34. What means you and Ambar and Simon are a tied winner. And unfortunately, we have to say goodbye to Jim and Nico. Thanks for coming today and see you in two weeks by the next round.' Everybody begin to cheer and clap. Before I realize it, Luna doesn't stand next to me anymore. I skate off the rink seeing that she skates away with Nina. 'Good job dude.' Gaston hits me playfully. 'Yeah, yeah, Where did Nina and Luna go to?' 'I don't know, dressing room I guess. Why?' 'Okay thanks' I skate away. I need to talk with Luna. I can't let her be angry on me. I skate to the dressing room and knock. 'Luna, Luna? Are you there?' It stays quiet. 'Luna, I know you are there. Please talk to me.' It stays quiet and at the moment I want to skate away when the door slowly opened. I turn me around to face Luna. 'Luna, let me explain.' 'What explain? How you kissed me before whole Roller?' 'Luna, please.' 'What? Do you want to tell me you kissed me with the idea we could win?' 'Uhmm...Well..' 'Tell me, you wanted to explain well go ahead then.' 'I kissed you because I hoped the jury would give us higher points for chemistry.' 'Wow, you actually thought that was a good idea?!' 'Now I think about it no. But then yes. I am sorry, I wasn't thinking. But did you see it? You were amazing even without your necklace.' 'Yes, I saw that. We were really good together until your fantastic kiss idea.' She wants to skate away. 'Luna wait. Please forgive me.' She begins to laugh. 'What?' 'I thought that you changed. Changed in a good person. Changed in someone who doesn't kiss people to win.' You have to be kidding me. She is mad at me because I tell her 'the truth'. Why am I an idiot and totally ruined everything?! 'I changed.' 'Are you sure. Because I think you are te same person you were when we met.' She turns around and skates to the rink. 'Luna' I skate after her. She stops and looks at me. 'Matteo, please stay away from me. And come back to me when you are really changed.' She skates away and I keep staring at the ground feeling tears start burning in my eyes.

Luna's POV

I skate away to the rink. But actually, I don't want to the rink. I want to talk with Nina about this. But if I go back Matteo is still there and I can't handle that. So I decide to go sit the lockers. I switch my skates with my shoes and go sit there hoping nobody comes. But of course, somebody had to come. I hear crying. I stand up and look who is behind the lockers. 'Jim? What are you doing here?' She looks up and begins to cry again. 'Jim, come sit with me you can tell me everything.' I take her hand and walk to the bench I was just sitting on. 'Why are you crying?' 'It...it was my fault.' She said through sobbing. 'What are you talking about?' 'The competition it was my fault that we are eliminated.' 'What? Why? You two were great, you can't do something about the others get higher points.' 'I know that. But I had to doubt Nico about liking me and we had a fight for a week. We hadn't enough time to rehearse' A typical Jim issue. She is always doubting Nico. 'Jim, listen. Everything is okay now right?!' She nods. 'Well, think about that. And the next competition you going to nail. Trust me' She stops crying and hugs me. 'Thanks, Luna' She stands up and skates away. 'Bye' I mumble and there I was all alone again. I stand up and want to go home before everything becomes worse than it already is. I walk outside and run to home. Nothing that I more lover is fresh air in your face when you can't think clear.

I lay on my bed when I hear my phone. Nina. I pick up. 'Luna, where did you go?' 'Home, I couldn't be there any longer.' 'Luun, what happened between you and Matteo?' 'Do you mean the kiss? You saw that yourself.' 'No, I mean when he wanted to explain everything.' 'Oh, right. Well, he said he did to win. So I said I don't want to see him anymore until he changed.' I wasn't in the mood to tell the whole story but this was the biggest part of it so it is okay for me. And it is not that the rest of the conversation was that interesting. 'Wait, you said what?' 'Yes, I said that I don't want to see him anymore.' 'Why? He kissed you. Your crush kissed you. Matteo fucking Balsano kissed you and you say he has to stay away from you? I don't understand it.' 'He kissed me to win. Not because he likes me that is a big difference.' She mumbles something. 'Listen, Nina. I don't want to think about it okay.' 'What you want. But what are you going to do when you need to train.' 'Shit, I didn't think about that.' 'You can't train.' 'I know. I know. Maybe I just need to train with him. And the rest of the day does not say anything to him.' 'Luna, are sure you want that?' 'I think so.' 'Luna, we are home.' I hear my parents yell from downstairs. 'I have to go, Nina, my parents are home. Speak you tomorrow okay.' 'Okay, chau' I hang up and walk downstairs. 'Luna, you were amazing.' My mother says when she hugs me. 'Your mom is right, but that kiss has that really need to happen.' 'Miguel' My mom said angrily. 'What? I am just worried about my little girl. ' He said and hugs me again. 'Yeah, yeah' I laugh. 'Miguel' I hear Miss. Sharon yell. 'I come, Miss. Benson. I am sorry honey, but my works need me.' 'No problem, go.' He walks away and my mom takes my hand and sits. 'I thought it was really romantic.' 'What? No, no, no, no. It was everything but romantic. I didn't want that he kissed me.' 'But you like him right?!' 'Mom, no. I don't like him. We are friends not more.' 'But why he kissed you then?' She smirks. 'Because he wanted to win.' She nods. 'Right, but if you marry one day, I going to say 'I said it'' We both laugh. At the same time, I hear someone knock on the door. I walk to it and open it. 'Simon? What are you doing here?' 'I wanted to see you.' I smile. 'Come inside.' We walk to the kitchen. 'Simon, what a nice surprise.' She gives Simon a hug. 'Hey, Monica.' 'Simon, you were amazing at the competition. Is Ambar your girlfriend? You two had real chemistry. Just like Luna and Matteo.' 'Mommm' 'What? Can't I ask your best friend, someone who feels like my son if he has a girlfriend?' I roll my eyes. Simon laughs. 'Yes, Ambar and I are together.' 'Ahh, what cute. I am so happy for you.' She hugs him again. 'Thanks' He says while he can't stop smiling. 'Should we go upstairs?' 'Yeah, sure.' We want to walk upstairs. 'Simon, wait. Do you want to eat with us? I can make your favorite.' 'I would love to. Just like in Mexico.' 'Great, I will say when it is ready.'