24.

Matteo's POV

I'm sitting in the corner of the stage in Roller. Everybody is mad at me but the worst part is that Luna doesn't even want to talk to me and she has the biggest right. I see that Simon is calling somebody and seeing his body language it has to be Luna. You can always see at his body languages how worried he is and definitely about Luna. I walk to him even I know it is a really bad idea. When he hung up, he turns around, we look each other right in the eyes. 'Hey, I thought he talked with Luna, how is she?' I ask carefully. 'Well, how do you think she is? You can imagine that she is a wreck' I nod slowly. 'Yeah, thanks' I turn around and away. My dad already left after he dropped the bomb. I walk home with the biggest detour. I don't want to go home and I can't be in Roller with everybody staring and being mad at me. Gaston calls me and I pick up the phone. 'Dude where are you?' 'Oh yeah, I decided to take a walk' 'But I could go with you if you just said to me.' 'It's okay, stay with Nina. I know you also are mad at me. I just need to be alone.' 'Matteo, I'm not mad. No one could expect what you farther would do, it only wouldn't happen if you said it right away but you can't change that' 'Thanks dude, but I don't know I feel me better now. It is still my fault, I blew it big time. I see you tomorrow' 'Ciao amigo, be safe' I hung up and go sit at a bench. I look down and see something glimmering in the sun. It looks like a key. I pick it up and see that it is Luna's. It has a really colorful keychain to it what I recognize even in the dark. I gave it to her. I gave it when we for the first time said I love you. She probably lost it when she walked away from Roller. I stand up and walk without a doubt to Luna's house even it is probably a bad idea. I just need it to give it back to her.

Luna's POV

I pull my backpack upside down and everything inside it falls on the ground. 'Luna, please, don't make a mess.' 'Yeah, yeah' I mumble. I go through all my stuff at the ground but it isn't there. Goddamit. I walk to my jacket and I go through all the pockets. Nothing. I hit the wall and go sit at the ground against the wall. 'Luna, what is wrong?' My mam walks to me and go sit next to me at the ground. 'It is nothing' 'Luna, there is definitely something. Please, tell me.' 'Matteo is going to Oxford next week' I burst out in tears in my mom's arms. 'Honey, that's awful.' 'That is not the worst, he kept it a secret for me the whole time and now I lost my locker key with my skates in it. This day can't be more awful.' We both say nothing and I just lay there in my mom's arms until the doorbell rings. My mom gets up and walks to the door. 'Who could that be?' She opens the door and faces Matteo. 'Oh hi' 'Hola Monica, can I please talk to Luna?' 'I don't know if she is in the mood for that' I get up and wipe my tears away while I walk back into the kitchen. 'Monica please, I need to talk to her' She sighs and let Matteo through who walks directly to me. I look at my mom who sighs and shrugs her shoulders. Great, thanks, mom. I turn away from Matteo. 'What are you doing here?' 'Let me explain Luna, I'm so sorry' '1 minute, you get 1 minute to explain.' I go sit by the kitchen table still not facing Matteo. 'I never wanted to hurt you' 'Why did you lie then?!' 'I really wanted to change my father's mind. I tried the whole time but I couldn't tell you that I knew he would never change his mind.' 'Why? Why couldn't you tell me the truth? Do you not trust me?' 'I do, I really do. But you were so happy that I would stay and I tried to tell you a hundred times, ask Gaston, but I just couldn't. My heart broke when I saw in my head how it would go.' 'But you go next week, when were you planning to tell me? Were you even planning to tell me?' 'I did, I wanted to tell you tonight but in peace and without my dad who fucking messed everything up.' 'I love you, I really do. I can't stand that I have to go' 'Then fucking did something about it' 'Luna, you know my dad.' 'Yes, I never thought you would become like him. Matteo, I love you but this isn't good for us.' 'Luna, please' 'Matteo, just leave, I need to think.' 'What happens with us?' I see in his eyes that it terrifies him. Me too, but I don't know what to do. 'I don't know, just go please' I look at him for the first time this evening. 'Please, Matteo' I turn me around and walk to the other side of the kitchen waiting to hear a door fall in his lock. I turn back around and I want to go to my room when I see my key laying in the corner of the table. I pick it up staring to the keychain. He found it. From everybody he found it.