12.

Matteo's Pov

Luna's beautiful song just finished. But she doesn't move. The only thing she does is standing still with her eyes closed. Slowly I see she is crying. I look to Gaston and Nina who looks worried at each other. Why is she crying? I want to run to her so badly but I can't, it would be so weird if I am with Jada. Simon walks to her and pulls her into a hug. I sight. Probably a little too loud because the whole table is looking at me. They turn their heads to the stage when Luna walks to us with Simon. 'So that was a beautiful performance of Luna.' Everybody cheers again. 'And this was the first open of the year. We see you by the next open or next Friday by the final round of the competition.' Tamara walks off stage. And Nina pulls Luna into a hug. After Gaston also hugged her, we look at each other. I could see the pain in her eyes. Was it because of me? I don't want that she is hurt. Everybody wait for until I say something but I can't. I feel that my hands begin to sweat. My head starts spinning. I can't do it. 'I'm sorry' I say and jump off my chair and hurry to the lockers. I hear some voices say something but I don't care. I need to get away from her. From Luna. Even I don't want to. I know that she doesn't like, but I can't lose her as a friend. And I know that if I keep liking her we both get hurt. So I need to stay away from her to forget her so we can stay friends even I totally ruin it right now. I go sit on the benches by the lockers, a few moments later Gaston walks around the corner. He goes to sit next to me. 'Dude, what happened?' 'I know it, I know I hurt Luna. I saw the pain in her eyes I couldn't do it.' 'What do you mean with you hurt Luna?' 'Do you don't know it? She still thinks I kissed her because I wanted to win. She still thinks I didn't change. But I changed. I changed through her but she doesn't want to see me. She doesn't want to talk to me. And she didn't like me. So yeah I couldn't say something to her. I don't want to hurt her anymore.' 'And that is why you with Jada?' 'Yes, to forget Luna. So I can see her as a friend again.' He nods. 'Dude, I understand you don't want to hurt her. But you think forgetting her is the right option? You never gave up a girl like this.' 'I know, but Luna is not any girl. Luna is special and she deserves someone who gives her what she needs and not to hurt her every time.' Gaston sights and hits me friendly on my shoulder. 'You can make her like you. You can give her what she needs.' 'I don't think so but thanks.' I give him a hug. 'Well, I think I go home. I see you tomorrow right?! The day that you hear if you are going to the finals.' 'Yes, I am so nervous.' 'Don't be, you and Nina are going to be amazing. And I will be there watching.' 'Thanks, I hope so.' 'Well, I am going now for real. Call me if there is something wrong.' 'Yeah, of course. Ciao.' 'Bye' I walk away by the lockers and walk quickly to the door of Roller. I see that German isn't here to pick me up. So instead I walk home. Not that I don't like that now I can think clearly about stuff. I take a deep breath of air and walk home. 

I wake up through my phone. I take my phone from the table next to me. Gaston? I pick up while I rub the sleep out of my eyes. 'Matteo, where the fuck are you? You should support me, you know?' I jump up. The competition. I look at the clock. 3 o'clock. Shit. 'Matteo?' 'Yeah, I am sorry. I just woke up.' 'Dude, it is 3 o'clock.' 'Yeah, I know. I also don't know how.' 'Okay, but hurry. Nina and I are in 30 minutes.' 'I'll be there.' I hung up, put my clothes on and run downstairs. I take breakfast in Roller. Well, breakfast I mean lunch. I put my skates on and skate how fast as I can to Roller. I don't look where I skate so I crash into a girl who was also in hurry. 'I am sorry, I am in a hurry because my best friend needs to skate and I overslept.' The girl keeps talking. 'It is okay, I actually have the same problem.' She looks up. 'Luna?' 'Matteo?' We both say shocked. 'What are you doing here?' 'Well, the same as you. I overslept and now I am here.' 'Yeah, me too. But come on before we miss Nina And Gaston.' She grabs my hand and we skate as fast as we can to Roller. When we are inside she still holds my hand. Gaston and Nina skate to us. 'Finally, you are here.' They both say after that they look at our hold hands, look at each other and look at us. Luna looks at our hold hands and pulls quick her hand back. 'Wait, but how did you find each other.' 'Well, I crashed into Luna when she wasn't looking where she was going' 'Me? I think you were the one who wasn't looking' 'No, no, no, no. But if you think so fine' I pull my hands in the air as a surrender. I smirk and she begins to laugh. I can't help it but laugh with her. Finally, she laughs again and finally, I am the reason why. 'Okay, but come now. Because we need to perform in 10 minutes and you are our good luck.' Luna and I begin to laugh but when I look at Gaston he keeps having a straight face. 'You were serious?' 'Yes, we are dead serious' 'Oh, well, let's go to the rink then.'