[Chapter 11]

Yura (POV) 

I checked my phone once again and Sumi finally checked my message. As I was about to call her, I was interrupted by someone. I turned around to face her and looked at her. 

Evelyn: Aren't you going to tell Sumi the truth? 

"If I tell her the truth, she would misunderstood me. I don't want to lose her, again."

Evelyn: You know, your dad is really convincing. What if she believes his words and suddenly started doubting you? What would you do about that?

I then started thinking about that and suddenly started feeling uneasy once again. 

"Maybe I should tell her the truth. huh?"

Evelyn: Yea. If she hears it from you, she would understand you more. Hurry and tell her before everything is too late. 

I nodded my head and was about to call Sumi but I turned back around and face her. 

"Thank you, Evelyn. I owe you once again."

She nodded her head and left me alone in the living room to call Sumi. Once I called her, she didn't answer so I decided to leave her a voice message once again. 

Sumi (POV) 

After sleeping another round in Jungkook's arms, my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller id and it was Yura. I didn't have the mode to answer it so I declined her call. I got off the bed and was about to go wash up but my phone once ringed again. I looked at my phone and this time it was a voice message from Yura. I put my phone back onto the table nightstand and walked into the bathroom. Once I was done washing up, I put on back my sleeping dress and looked at my phone. As I was looking at the voice message, Jungkook then hugged me from behind as he came out of the bathroom. 

Jungkook: Maybe you should check the message. It could be important. 

I nodded my head and put the message on speaker. 

TEXT VOICE MESSAGE 

Yura: Sumi ... I have something important to tell you. 

There was a long silence before she continue with her words. 

Yura: 12 years ago, when you lost conscious something bad happened to me. When you were unconscious, dad was approaching towards mom and I had to stop him. 

I closed my eyes trying not to remember what dad told me of what actually happened on that day. 

Yura: The only thing that pops up inside my head was to protect mom. I didn't know that protecting mom could harm her as well. 

She let out a sigh before she could continue. 

Yura: As dad was aiming a glass vase towards mom, I pushed her out of the way and she tripped and hit her head and felt unconscious. As I went up to mom and check on her, she wasn't breathing. 

I then open my eyes and let out a sigh. Jungkook must have heard it and hugged me tighter. 

Yura: After when mom died, I was panicking and didn't know what to do. Dad was also stunned and didn't move at all. Just then before I could call the ambulance, I heard a police siren coming. Dad then came up to me and started choking me. 

I then made a frown face, confused at her words. 

Yura: The police then broke into our house and told dad to let go of me or they will shoot him. Since there was no camera in our house the police couldn't find evidence and they will only believe what they see. I didn't want to leave you with dad growing up with him. So I did what I had to do and told the police that dad was the person that caused all the issue, including killing our mom. 

I looked at Jungkook and he did the same. 

Yura: I did what I had to do to protect you, not to survive. I had to lie to you to protect you, not for me to survive. I hope you will understand me. If you still call the police on me after this then I wouldn't blame you at all. I will be here waiting for you, waiting to go to jail. Thank you for listening to this voice message, Sumi. 

TEXT VOICE MESSAGE END

I closed my phone and looked straight forward. I got off the bed and walked straight out of the room and downstairs towards the living room. Just as I was about to leave the house, Jungkook stopped me and turned me to face him. 

Jungkook: What is it Sumi? You look afraid. 

"I .. I don't know who to believe Jungkook. I asked my dad what happened that day and he tells me in a different way of what Yura told me over the phone."

Jungkook: Yura is your sister that raised you for 12 years while your dad was sent to jail even if Yura didn't tell the cops of him killing your mom. He was abusing you and your family, he will still go to jail for it. 

"So you're saying that I should trust Yura and not my dad?"

Jungkook: I can't make decisions for you Sumi. You have to make it yourself. It's your choice.

I went silent and didn't respond at all. Jungkook then held onto my arm. 

Jungkook: And whatever choice you make, I'll be okay with it. 

I smiled at him and hugged him and he did the same. I let out a sigh and he hugged me tighter. I  then pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. 

"I need you to stay away from me until I know that my dad won't harm Yura or won't go after her."

Jungkook: Sumi, I'm not afraid of your dad. I'm going to fight with you. I'm not leaving you alone to fight him. That's not an option. 

I looked at him and scanned his expression. While I was scanning his expression, it looks like he's not going to give up so I decided to let him help. 

"There are so many different reasons of why Yura and my dad is telling me about this situation. My dad is telling me that Yura did that to survive while on the other hand Yura told me that she did it to protect me. I need to the truth before I make a choice."

Jungkook: And I will help you with it. Don't worry. The truth will soon come out. No truth is able to be hidden forever.

TO BE CONTINUED