[Chapter 12]

Sumi (POV) 

Right after when Jungkook and I were done talking, I told him that I have to go back home due to an emergency. I had to lie to him so he wouldn't come with me since my dad is still in my own house. As I walked towards the basement, I saw my dad sitting. I walked up to him and gave him breakfast. As he was done eating it, I sat across from him and stare at him. 

Dad: I guess you looking at me like that, looks like Yura has you in her hands. 

"You're wrong. I'm not going to trust the two of you until I find out the truth of what actually happened that day."

Dad: Sumi no matter what, you're heart is already with Yura. 

"And why do you think that?"

Dad: Because you've been living with her for 12 years. Because I killed your grandparents in front of you which made me look like the bad guy and because Yura reminds you of your mother. 

Right when he said that to me, I kept silent. Yes, it's true that a little part of me trusts Yura but that doesn't mean I'm on her side or on his. I got up from the chair and was about to walk up until he stopped me. 

Dad: You are my daughter, Sumi. No matter how much you change yourself, you can never be the way how you used to be. I learned that the hard way. 

I turned my head around back to him. 

Dad: No one doesn't give a damn about us. That's why I became of who I am right now. The people that I love and cherish turned their backs at me. So whoever that guy that you brought along with you that day, don't take him too seriously. 

"And how are you so sure that he'll turn against me? You don't even know him."

Dad: I don't need to know him. That's how humans are. They don't ever keep their promises, not even once. 

I fully turned around to face him. 

"We're humans like them also. We're no different from them."

I turned back around and walked out of the basement and into the living room and questions myself. No matter how much I try to erase my dad's words, it won't help. His words kept on lingering inside my head, echoing every second that it can. 

TWO WEEKS LATER 

I have been ignoring everyone, being the way how I used to be. Every time when Jungkook tries to be near me, I backed away from him. I just need some time alone for myself and I hope he understands that. As I got back home, I didn't expect her to be in my front yard. I walked up to her and she stood up and gave me a bitchy look. 

"What are you doing here, Hyeri?"

Hyeri: How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from Jungkook?! 

"And how many times do I have to tell you that I don't care."

Hyeri: You are really getting on my nerve at the moment, Sumi. 

"And you are pushing over my line, Hyeri. Now if that's all you have to say to me then get off my property and go away. I don't have time for you."