Chapter 9

"Can I take you out shopping for some new clothes before you  depart today?" Pelonomi asks while we eat this marvelously prepared breakfast. I fail to even discern what she is on about because this breakfast is mind blowing.

"Er, so what do we call this awesome dish, Pelo?" I ask with a wandering sensation in my stomach and she says that it is Cheesy tator tot with double amount of cheese added to make the taste extra mind blowing.

"You really break it down in the kitchen, you know? Surely chefs are put to shame whenever you start cooking." I compliment her extraordinary cooking skills and she smiles saying, "you don't say, you don't say."

"Take me out shopping you say?" I raise my eyebrows during my question and she says, "yep, I'd like to get you a new outfit."

"Well, that would be really nice of you." I tell her with a smile on my face and she smiles back all excited about it.

I don't really like it when a woman offers to do so much for me when I can do it all for myself. Especially if i have just met her. I mean, ever since I met Pelonomi she has been on this 'paying the bills' tip thing that I don't even get right now. If she insists though, who am I to dispute her acts of kindness. If this is not what she does with every other guy then I must be very lucky somehow.

After breakfast Pelonomi has also prepared herself and we drive off to Menlyn Park. As we go around the mall in search of a new outfit I relieve my phone from its flight mode and a stream of notifications start to flow in. My whatsapp has countless messages, my email account also receives message after message. It's like the phone is a receptionist or personal assistant which spontaneously functions so well the moment one brings its data connection to live.

I start with the messages in my phone's inbox or SMS inbox if you may and discover countless messages from my family and Peter, and other random messages.

"Pelo, can I just quickly give my grandma a call to let her know that I'm alive at least? Before we proceed with the shopping?" I ask her politely and with a glow in her face she says, "yes, by all means babe. Do send her my greetings please."

"Thank you, I'll greet her for you." With a smile I tell her and dial my grandma's number...

"Hello, baby." She answers the phone with her warm and sweet voice.
"Hey grandma. How are you?"

"I'm just happy to be hearing from you right now, we have all been worried sick about you." She informs me...

"I'm sorry for putting you through all the grief grandma. I just really needed to get away from everything yesterday. I needed some time out."

"Okay, baby I understand. Just get your butt back home as soon as possible, we need to see you. Thank you for calling." Her heart warming voice echoes in my mind as she tells me to make it back home and I tell her that I'll be back in a short while...

"I'm still at Menlyn Park getting a new outfit. I met a little sweet person who sends her greetings."

"Whoa, you met a girl?" She asks with laughter in her voice.
I also laugh and mumble, "she is just so sweet grandma". As I say this, Pelo kisses me on my cheek and lips with a big smile on her face...