Chapter 12

I'm up on my feet once again, running for my life with all the increasing kinetic energy inside of me. I keep pushing and pushing as much as I can taking turns in the roads of the neighbourhood. And finally I get to a passage on my right and I take a turn to run through it.

When I finally get to the other side I discover a little park and, phew...finally a place to rest. I sigh at the relief of discovering my phone in my pocket.

I unlock my iPhone 6 Plus and dial Pelonomi's number immediately.

It's still ringing now...

"Hey sweety!" She answers with an enthusing sense of happiness in her voice and I reply hastily, "baby, baby please don't go to the house! Turn around now and go to your place!

"Why? What's wrong? Jones, talk to me, what's going on?" Now, sounding very worried, Pelo starts to question me impulsively.

Uhm, and I cough and cough. "There, was a robbery at the house, and a whole lot of shooting. The robbers tried shooting to kill me but I managed to escape and I managed to run to a little park in the suburb."

"Jones, you're freaking me out! Are you making some kind of joke or is this a real thing?" She asks so worried in her voice.

"I'm serious, Pelo. My body is so bruised right now. I need to call the police. Please go back to the house." I iterate in a bit of agitation in my voice and she suggests, "baby, please send me your current location and remain there. I will drive there right now. Please." She pleads in concern and a certain cry in her voice.

"Baby, please. Pelo, honey...it's not safe out here." I iterate.
"If it's not safe for me then its not safe for you too. Please send through your location, baby." She says with more adamance in her voice and request.

I know if I continue to argue this I'm most probably gonna end up sending her my location in any case. So I think I might as well just agree with her and send her my location.

"Okay, alright. I'll send you my location right now. Please be safe on your way here." I tell her and she thanks me with a kiss and and request of me to be safe too. After the call I hang up and dial the police immediately and they inform me that they have already received calls from neighbours and that the police are on their way to the scene as we speak.